2017 Sidewinders are starting to arrive!!!!

kip

We've recently received a good amount of all new 2017 Yamaha Sidewinders. I have to tell you the color options are awesome this year and with the raised louvers in looks mean! Feel free to call us with any questions or interest. You can visit our website at www.patsmotorsports.com or ring us at 906-883-3536. The fit and finish looks great as well. Thanks!

kip

Mike, thought you ordered two of them???:) I'll work on a pic. or two for you guys later today!

nomus5

Wife and I were at the Cat plant Friday and they were shipping blue/white ones out by the truckload. 1 sled every 2 minutes. Cool to see.

1fujifilm

Wife and I were at the Cat plant Friday and they were shipping blue/white ones out by the truckload. 1 sled every 2 minutes. Cool to see.

I was excited to read this post then I was reminded Cat had something to with it. They must have brought the horrible depreciation Viper owners experienced last year. I spoke to one of the Bosses at Motorsports in De Pere, WI over the summer and he said the Dealer was losing $1,500 per Viper just to get them rid of them. Granted we had a terrible winter last year, but low end 16 Vipers were pre-ordered for about 11.5k and were being sold for 8.5k ish (including set-up etc.) by April.
Sad year, hope this year is good for both riders and Business owners.

Bear

kip

Bear, ain't that the truth, I know that feeling first hand and it's no fun. Motorsports, especially snowmobiles are so tough. There is so much product and so many dealers out there many of which make it great for the customer but make the dealer network very unhealthy at the same time. Try going to work for free or even at a loss many winters, most would quit that job and to be honest that thought has crossed my mind many of times. Why be away from the family for so many hours just to lose thousands of dollars on sleds? I must be crazy!! We could me much more profitable in our area just doing rentals and used sleds along with service. The sport is passionate and it's apart of us so that thought is very difficult to swallow. We have met and have so many great customers out there that do make the job fun but it sure would be nice to be able to make a profit on sales of new product. The last thing I want to see is the snowmobile industry going in the tank and if we as dealers do not order the product and consumers do not buy it then that's what will happen. Thank to all sledders out there that help keep the sport going, couldn't be done without all of you. When it comes right down to it, we're all on the same team. Hopefully this winter will be much better than the last!!! It was 28 degrees this morning!!!

1Fujifilm, I dont know about $8,500 but I picked up an LTX DX for $9,000 and a XTX SE for $9,250 in April, was going to get 2017s but at that price I couldnt pass those up.I woulda bought from Kip for around the same price but he had sold all of his by the time I pulled the trigger.Very excited to get the wife on a Yamaha finally and still have 1 Poo left that my son drives a few times a year.Pretty soon there will be no Poos allowed in my shed,lol ,thats if the wife likes hers.

1fujifilm

Bear, ain't that the truth, I know that feeling first hand and it's no fun. Motorsports, especially snowmobiles are so tough. There is so much product and so many dealers out there many of which make it great for the customer but make the dealer network very unhealthy at the same time. Try going to work for free or even at a loss many winters, most would quit that job and to be honest that thought has crossed my mind many of times. Why be away from the family for so many hours just to lose thousands of dollars on sleds? I must be crazy!! We could me much more profitable in our area just doing rentals and used sleds along with service. The sport is passionate and it's apart of us so that thought is very difficult to swallow. We have met and have so many great customers out there that do make the job fun but it sure would be nice to be able to make a profit on sales of new product. The last thing I want to see is the snowmobile industry going in the tank and if we as dealers do not order the product and consumers do not buy it then that's what will happen. Thank to all sledders out there that help keep the sport going, couldn't be done without all of you. When it comes right down to it, we're all on the same team. Hopefully this winter will be much better than the last!!! It was 28 degrees this morning!!!

Even though our sport relies on the weather, I still blame the manufacturers of many industries.
I bought a new 2016 Silverado for 27% off MSRP, I would hate to be the guy that bought one prior to June of 2016 during this years cycle. Something has to give as the manufacturers are hurting themselves in the long run and Dealers and consumers in the short AND long-term.
I wish you well and respect you for having taking the risk of being in business to support your community, Country and family.

Bear