2018/2019 bears

Quick thoughts:

1 - the Bears fans are saying the same things as always. We look good just need to get better.
2 - There was a comment about blitzing Rodgers, I thought he got better when blitzed...

durphee

Rodgers does get better when he faces a blitz but when the variable of playing on one leg comes into play it is worth the risk. I would suspect other teams will try to pressure Rodgers more in the near future. Even if you don't sack him you might get some clean but big shots on him since his mobility is limited.

timo

anyone see the image circulating on the net today of the golden girl Michelle missing a wide open Burton in the endzone as he's standing 10 yards in front of him? they ended up kicking a FG.

someone please post it up for our guy Momoney's pleasure.

old abe

Well with all this, I do believe there is another meeting Dec. 16??? Wonder what that will bring to pass??? Both teams need to improve, what one will do the best at it??? So many questions, eh??? Good entertainment anyway.

snobuilder

Packers came out flat footed and the Bears came out head hunting. We all saw the 1st half results. We all have also seen teams come out breathing fire and then see that they are spent mid to late 3rd quarter. I think this is what happened Sunday night. I also heard a stat that Rodger's avg release time dropped by a full second between the 1st and 2nd half so adjustments were definitely made..

G

G

Packers came out flat footed and the Bears came out head hunting. We all saw the 1st half results. We all have also seen teams come out breathing fire and then see that they are spent mid to late 3rd quarter. I think this is what happened Sunday night. I also heard a stat that Rodger's avg release time dropped by a full second between the 1st and 2nd half so adjustments were definitely made..

The main adjustment was that Rodgers was never under center after his injury. All snaps were shotgun or pistol. There is your full second right there. Because even all juiced on painkillers he could not get up and out from behind center. Several dimensions were taken away. No time for long pass plays to develop. Very limited conventional groundgame. And of course no scrambling ability to extend plays. For any mortal quarterback that would spell doom. It also helps that the Bears missed tackles and generally made fools of themselves throughout the comeback. However it will still be one for the ages in the great Bears / Packers rivalry.

G

G

On a side note Clay Matthews now officially sucks. He graded out as the worst pass rusher in the entire NFL for week one.

snobuilder

The main adjustment was that Rodgers was never under center after his injury. All snaps were shotgun or pistol. There is your full second right there. Because even all juiced on painkillers he could not get up and out from behind center. Several dimensions were taken away. No time for long pass plays to develop. Very limited conventional groundgame. And of course no scrambling ability to extend plays. For any mortal quarterback that would spell doom. It also helps that the Bears missed tackles and generally made fools of themselves throughout the comeback. However it will still be one for the ages in the great Bears / Packers rivalry.

Agree with your view except that Rodgers explicitly said today that he was in tremendous pain in the second half because he doesn't take the opioid meds.

Agree on 52.....he came out with an apology to the team and fans for that RTP penalty after the game.

momoney2123

anyone see the image circulating on the net today of the golden girl Michelle missing a wide open Burton in the endzone as he's standing 10 yards in front of him? they ended up kicking a FG.

someone please post it up for our guy Momoney's pleasure.

ohh timmay..... 1st off burton was in the backhalf of the endzone and trubisky was standing on the 15. my math says thats 20+ yards. but yea...

dix is flying in, watch the play in motion

Even your boy kevin king said if trubisky thro's that pass to burton its picked.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

Big bounce back for da bears against seattle. need this win, and move on. bears roster is there. time to roll.

timo

Mo my friend,
i'm not sayin',,im just sayin'

For how high you think Michelle's ceiling is, he should of made that throw with his left hand. You know it.

This is called trigger lock,,the defense is moving to fast for the QB to process what he think's he is or isn't seeing.
I get it tho,,, a screen shot hardly tells the full story,,,,, but c'mon man if he leads him to the right a little Ha Ha ain't catching up.

he's a #2 pick in the draft, not a 10th rounder....

ohh timmay..... 1st off burton was in the backhalf of the endzone and trubisky was standing on the 15. my math says thats 20+ yards. but yea...

Even your boy kevin king said if trubisky thro's that pass to burton its picked.

View attachment 59076

View attachment 59077

- - - Updated - - -

Mo my friend,
i'm not sayin',,im just sayin'

For how high you think Michelle's ceiling is, he should of made that throw with his left hand. You know it.

This is called trigger lock,,the defense is moving to fast for the QB to process what he think's he is or isn't seeing.
I get it tho,,, a screen shot hardly tells the full story,,,,, but c'mon man if he leads him to the right a little Ha Ha ain't catching up.

he's a #2 pick in the draft, not a 10th rounder....

View attachment 59076

View attachment 59077

momoney2123

Disagree. sorry, easily coulda been picked. not making the big turnover

see ya December 16th until then, good luck this week.

G

G

Really hard to tell just from those pics. Easily taken out of context. Yes, for that split second that is how things looked. But the speed of the game changes things. Could Rodgers make the play? Probably. But that would be more of an experience thing than a cannon arm. Rodgers knows from years and years where people are and where they are going. And Rodgers does have a cannon arm to go along with it. Heck Rodgers has a cannon wrist. There was also a play when the Bears had the ball and Clay Matthews was trying to get off the field before the snap. That is a play Rodgers will catch every time and get at least a too many men penalty and maybe a free play. Trubisky missed it. However it is way to early to write off Trubisky. Just in his second year. He will get better. It could always be worse. You could be a Lions fan. Nothing went right there last week and the upcoming schedule for them is brutal.

Last edited by a moderator:

timo

I hear ya
Michelle also missed Robinson in the end zone for 6. Would of gave me my fantasy win for the week lost by 2.
Cmon Michelle pick it up

Disagree. sorry, easily coulda been picked. not making the big turnover

see ya December 16th until then, good luck this week.

momoney2123

Mitch trubisky is 24 years old with very limited in game experience. Yes guys he is going to miss open receivers in the speed of the game. lol. Even tho that particular play is not so obvious.

He didnt make the big mistakes which at this phase of his career and level of offensive understanding with this playbook, is likely what is being coached into him, dont gamble yetttttt. Each week I suspect we see a little more loose play and aggression from #10. He was coached not to lose that game. Clear as day. Which nagy will learn from. Cant win with scared money.

momoney2123

I hear ya
Michelle also missed Robinson in the end zone for 6. Would of gave me my fantasy win for the week lost by 2.
Cmon Michelle pick it up

No doubt i wish Mitch was more accurate, def missed some thro's

He has to come around with the talent of the roster if this team is gona go.

If he does come around...........well.....i think we all seen who's roster is clearly better.

Sharon cant bail them out forever.

momoney2123

Straight from the horses mouth......

"I'm sure everyone saw what I saw and they're like, ‘Oh, Mitch, throw to the wide open guy in the back of the end zone.' Trust me, I wish I would," Trubisky said. "Tarik was the first option in the flat. It's one of those plays where (you think), ‘How risky are you going to be, are you going to take care of the football?' I checked it down, we lost five yards, but we got three points out of it and went up 10-0. So that was the big positive takeaway for me.

"But moving forward, if I want to evolve into the quarterback I want to be, you've got to take the opportunity and I've got to anticipate that even more. That wasn't something that happened in practice at all that week. But you've got to know as a quarterback if that opens up, take your chances and get it to the guy wide open.

"But it's a little less wide open when you're playing it full motion on film. When you've got the still picture, which I'm sure a lot of people saw, it looks like I don't know what I'm doing.

"Trust me, I'm hard on myself. You want touchdowns, not field goals. But I thought I put myself and my team in a good position in that instance, first quarter, check it down, three points, we're up 10-0."

snobuilder

My packers had many missed ops to end that game before the OT.....Very sad in crunch time.

As far as officiating goes, I always like to think the bad calls will even out by seasons end , but right now, I don't even know what a penalty is anymore. Worst thing is, these calls are coming at EXTEMELY critical times in the game!
Overall i think we had 2 questionable calls go our way and at least 5 not.

momoney2123

Was a good game yesterday. packers def shoulda won, didnt agree with the penalty at end of game.....pretty weak call. Just glad i took the packers and the points.

Tonight could define the bears season. Much needed win. Not sure they can recover from another loss. Seattle is not the team they once were but can still bring it. Offense should be able to run the ball without much problem and if the D contains wilson should come away with the win. bears 4.5 point favorites, seems a little high. sharps are on bears.

D

Deleted member 10829

I thought the RTP call was lame too, but they called the EXACT same thing on Kendricks in the first half. At least they were consistent, bad! The Vikes special teams let them down yesterday with a blocked punt for TD and 3 missed FG's. I sure like what I see out of their new QB. 425 yds and 4 TD's. He had 1 INT but that was on the receiver. He outplayed Rodgers.