2018 Sidewinder RTX SE

billjd

Just bought one of these with 600 miles on it. Clean with YES warranty until 9-2022. I realize this doesn't have the high end shocks like the LE but looks like they are decent quality FOX shocks. Any one have experience with the stock set up of the SE? Also noticed pieces of belt in the belly pan area. Are they hard on belts? According to the owner he was ditch banging and overworked it in the deep snow. Ordered outside wheel kit and a mid height windshield. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks Bill D

G

G

Go to TotallyYamaha. Everything you need to know is there. You are on the right track with the outside wheel kit. You should start saving up about $600 bucks for some different skis.

bankers_hours

Rockerdan on TY has detailed thread on 129 set up. Consider a different ski set up, many options. I am happy with Pilot ski and snow tracker combo. Learn the nuances of these sleds and you will have the best season ever!

billjd

Rockerdan on TY has detailed thread on 129 set up. Consider a different ski set up, many options. I am happy with Pilot ski and snow tracker combo. Learn the nuances of these sleds and you will have the best season ever!

I have an extra set of 6.9's laying around..will get them on. Added Mid windshield and handlebar bag. Thanks for the input.

G

G

After that a lot of guys are replacing the rear suspension front control arm spring with a stiffer one. It makes the front end feel lighter and improves weight transfer. The 129 skid already transfers better than the 137 and this helps even more. It makes the sled more fun to ride also. Buy the Barn Of Parts belly pan protector that goes underneath the belt so when it blows again you won't blow a hole in the belly pan. You will read some horror stories on TY but most guys are running many trouble free miles on these things.