2019 Polaris Assault 800 Break in

Sledhead!

I tried searching for this as I am sure it exists but i found nothing?

Curious to see what your thoughts are on using pre-mix for 1st tank, or just trust computer and smart throttle usage?

If pre-mix, what mix ratio and assuming if you are using the VES Synthetic, can you pre-mix that oil or something else?

Been a long time since I have had to break in a 2 stroke so appreciate your insights!!

sweeperguy

The dealer will put a quart of oil in the tank. (Thats what Ken's does) Then fill the tank with 91 non-oxy. You'll want the fuel type set to ethanol for the first 2 tanks of fuel. Computer will take care of the rest. Other than don't give it much over half throttle for the first 50 miles or so. Then short blasts over half till around 100 miles. After that you should be good to ride it as you do.
Mark your oil tank with the level, and check to be sure oil is being used into the engine. Maybe 20ish miles or so.

Sledhead!

Thanks, good info and what I was thinking. Burandt had an interesting thing that he does. He does (2) heat cycles (run stationary until up to operating temp, shut off and cool fully with panels off. Then ride as you suggest. Seems pretty easy, stoked!!!