2021 gmc

old abe

What are you towing with a F150 thats 14k lbs?
I am curious on the profile of the trailer etc. I have a f150 that tows 6k enclosed trailer like crap. Not the engine, the chassis. I am not using WD hitch though.
It is also my first half ton truck in 15 years, so maybe I was expecting too much.

16 1/2 ft deck over trailer, with tractor and mower, comes to a little over 14K#. Load positioned for proper balance/tongue wt. As I said, I spec'd the truck out to pull. 3.5 EcoBoost, longer wheel base 6 1/2 ft box, HD towing, 3.55 gear, LT tires, etc. Works very well, as it's spec'd rated to pull right at 13K. I don't pull that everyday by any means, but when needed no hesitation. I suspect you using "P" series tires? Not good for towing.

snobuilder

In its biggest claim to fame my v-6 was latched up to a 12' dump trailer with a 8000# skidsteer payload. Did OK on its 225 mile journey

srt20

16 1/2 ft deck over trailer, with tractor and mower, comes to a little over 14K#. Load positioned for proper balance/tongue wt. As I said, I spec'd the truck out to pull. 3.5 EcoBoost, longer wheel base 6 1/2 ft box, HD towing, 3.55 gear, LT tires, etc. Works very well, as it's spec'd rated to pull right at 13K. I don't pull that everyday by any means, but when needed no hesitation. I suspect you using "P" series tires? Not good for towing.

Using SL tires, but Im not towing heavy loads either. The taller 30ft enclosed trailer in the wind pushes the f150 around more then I was expecting. Mines even a heavier F150, 502A Lariat with pano. I have reg tow package but has all the Max tow except the actually different hitch.

The 3.5L is fine. No problems with power, and I like that it drives like a diesel. 3.55 as well. But its not a power issue, its a chassis (or most likely lack of WD hitch) issue.

I am used to just hooking and going without a WD from my 2500 and bigger trucks that weighed 8000 plus.

cmharcou

I have a 2019 denali 5.3, smoothest riding vehicle I've ever owned.  love the motor but she's thirsty under a load. 

old abe

Using SL tires, but Im not towing heavy loads either. The taller 30ft enclosed trailer in the wind pushes the f150 around more then I was expecting. Mines even a heavier F150, 502A Lariat with pano. I have reg tow package but has all the Max tow except the actually different hitch.

The 3.5L is fine. No problems with power, and I like that it drives like a diesel. 3.55 as well. But its not a power issue, its a chassis (or most likely lack of WD hitch) issue.

I am used to just hooking and going without a WD from my 2500 and bigger trucks that weighed 8000 plus.

Mine is also a 502A Lariat. And no it won't replace a HD truck. I didn't want to drive a HD truck daily when not needing it. Longer wheel base/6 1/2 ft. box is a generous help in towing.