2022 Deliveries

mrbb

see a tractor trailer load of new sleds being delivered to Togwotee Mountain Lodge
looked like all arctic cats though!

G

G

A manager at the grocery store this morning told me we (you & me) should be buying our turkey and fixings NOW not next month. They're running low on most everything for the holidays i.e. stuffing, pumpkin pie mix, etc. and turkeys are selling as fast as they get them in due to the supply chain issues.
Good thing our turkeys don't come from China or we'd be really screwed!
I have been in the grocery biz for a very long time. The shorts and high prices are not all Covid and supply chain issues. Over the last 30 years the grocery 'warehouses' have turned in to Distribution centers. They are no longer stacked floor to ceiling with product. It has turned into a 'just in time' industry. So any slight burp in the supply chain gets magnified because there is no longer any cushion. And once you get behind it is hard to catch up. Perishables like meat and produce have always been just in time and again the slightest disruption can be far reaching. That said go out and buy your Libby's pumpkin pie filling now and don't complain about the price. Kellogg's is currently going on with their strike and they make more than corn flakes. Think stuffing mix. I prebooked 10 pallets of turkeys and I have no idea how many I will get. We have turkey growers up here and they all seem to be business as usual but who knows?? Surprises every day. Sorry for the long winded and off topic epic. Like the looks of the new format.

SledTL

I have been in the grocery biz for a very long time. The shorts and high prices are not all Covid and supply chain issues. Over the last 30 years the grocery 'warehouses' have turned in to Distribution centers. They are no longer stacked floor to ceiling with product. It has turned into a 'just in time' industry. So any slight burp in the supply chain gets magnified because there is no longer any cushion. And once you get behind it is hard to catch up. Perishables like meat and produce have always been just in time and again the slightest disruption can be far reaching. That said go out and buy your Libby's pumpkin pie filling now and don't complain about the price. Kellogg's is currently going on with their strike and they make more than corn flakes. Think stuffing mix. I prebooked 10 pallets of turkeys and I have no idea how many I will get. We have turkey growers up here and they all seem to be business as usual but who knows?? Surprises every day. Sorry for the long winded and off topic epic. Like the looks of the new format.
Grub, this is not just a grocery store thing its an everywhere thing. The big thing in supply chain over the last two decades has been how can we cut inventory. In theory yes its expensive to house, store, etc. so we can use predictive analytics to cut this "waste" out. It works until it doesn't, and it is not easy to undo years upon years of system change. Its not one industry or area, its a global operations. It is called the bullwhip effect.

1fujifilm

I learned JIT in college and now I think the norm will be TTM (triple the margins) because we can.
Bologna, but here it is.

Bear

jonesin

dem senator from MN said that we need to vaccinate the world and allow amnesty to fix the supply problem, now why didnt I think of that, what an idiot

trebsdub

Just received the bad news email that my 2022 Polaris 850 Slash 146 will not ship till February and to contact my dealer if I want to cancel my order. Not what I wanted to hear but thankfully I didn't sell my 2021 Switchback 650 146.

whitedust

Just received the bad news email that my 2022 Polaris 850 Slash 146 will not ship till February and to contact my dealer if I want to cancel my order. Not what I wanted to hear but thankfully I didn't sell my 2021 Switchback 650 146.
Now that’s some tuff news but I do like Polaris leveled with you and giving you the choice to cancel.

goofy600

Now that’s some tuff news but I do like Polaris leveled with you and giving you the choice to cancel.
I agree also so do you or others think besides backing out maybe a rebate of some kind for a off the floor model or maybe for 2023? What does the person do that needs a sled now they have to go find something, little bonus would be nice.

whitedust

I agree also so do you or others think besides backing out maybe a rebate of some kind for a off the floor model or maybe for 2023? What does the person do that needs a sled now they have to go find something, little bonus would be nice.
If you’re asking me I have no comment this is a very personal decision to make. Also depends on how one feels about winter plus when and where snow falls this season. Chance of cancellation allows a buyer to punt until next year or year after that.

1fujifilm

If you’re asking me I have no comment this is a very personal decision to make. Also depends on how one feels about winter plus when and where snow falls this season. Chance of cancellation allows a buyer to punt until next year or year after that.
I'd take delivery of it if you negotiated a good/decent deal.
Remember, snow checks were made back in early spring before inflation started to go nuts, could be positive for you..especially if you traded to keep taxes low.

I only paid $500 more for the 22 Gade 850 X I ordered than in 21 when prices were great.

For example, look at the truck price trends..up, up and up.

Bear

goofy600

I'd take delivery of it if you negotiated a good/decent deal.
Remember, snow checks were made back in early spring before inflation started to go nuts, could be positive for you..especially if you traded to keep taxes low.

I only paid $500 more for the 22 Gade 850 X I ordered than in 21 when prices were great.

For example, look at the truck price trends..up, up and up.

Bear
Another good point and that is kinda why I asked should they give something back to compensate for all problems.

euphoric1

I don't buy into this crap, I have heard every excuse in the book on the product I sell, we were told for winter product there would be no issues as they were stockpiling parts to be able to build...YEAH RIGHT! just got notice of a price increase on all new product including what we ordered previously and haven't received yet, some of the increases are greater than the margin we make on the equipment in the first place, so now what of the people we have quoted prices to? we have been told one thing and it has just been another after another after another. Personally I think its dirty of polaris or whomever it may be, don't even tell me they are just now realizing they wont be able to deliver and if I was someone again waiting for a preseason order delivery, from what I have seen in my industry... promise after promise after promise, I WOULDNT BELIEVE IT! Sorry! Now I am stuck having to contact bids we have placed some approaching $100,000.00 that have made it to boards for review already because there is no way I can provide product at that price or no guarantee I can provide the product. I know this is a little off the snowmobile subject but I am dealing with the same thing and I'm just saying if I was waiting for a new sled still I would be very concerned. One last thing dont take frustrations out on your dealer because the problem starts at the top, the dealer is only told what they want them to hear.

goofy600

I don't buy into this crap, I have heard every excuse in the book on the product I sell, we were told for winter product there would be no issues as they were stockpiling parts to be able to build...YEAH RIGHT! just got notice of a price increase on all new product including what we ordered previously and haven't received yet, some of the increases are greater than the margin we make on the equipment in the first place, so now what of the people we have quoted prices to? we have been told one thing and it has just been another after another after another. Personally I think its dirty of polaris or whomever it may be, don't even tell me they are just now realizing they wont be able to deliver and if I was someone again waiting for a preseason order delivery, from what I have seen in my industry... promise after promise after promise, I WOULDNT BELIEVE IT! Sorry! Now I am stuck having to contact bids we have placed some approaching $100,000.00 that have made it to boards for review already because there is no way I can provide product at that price or no guarantee I can provide the product. I know this is a little off the snowmobile subject but I am dealing with the same thing and I'm just saying if I was waiting for a new sled still I would be very concerned. One last thing dont take frustrations out on your dealer because the problem starts at the top, the dealer is only told what they want them to hear.
Amen, I was thinking the same about dealers losing sales and expected income. And the way your manufacturers are treating there dealers is crap not giving a small kickback for waiting for promises but adding price increases as you wait. Just plan wrong and typical of big business.

harvest1121

I had a Trek bicycle retail for $529 last year its $659 this year. I am keeping the Sidewinder Gt when it comes in who know what the price will be next year.

euphoric1

Amen, I was thinking the same about dealers losing sales and expected income. And the way your manufacturers are treating there dealers is crap not giving a small kickback for waiting for promises but adding price increases as you wait. Just plan wrong and typical of big business.
EXACTLY Jim! You have to be completely oblivious if you don't know that the world is broken right now, yet there are still people who seem to just not get it, but if you want my opinion as consumers we are being bent over and at the mercy of publicly owned big manufacturers and its wrong. Dealers are only representatives of big companies and a lot of them like myself are hurting due to lost revenue and please remember its not our (the dealers) fault, we are doing everything we can to satisfy the consumer but our hands are tied.