2022 Mach Z Straightline Racer Or The Ultimate Cushy Power Cruiser?

dfattack

I was told that Doo sold twice as many Machs as they anticipated.

Erkoehler, are your shocks locked into the medium (sport) mode? or sport +?

The mach sits lower than the XRS and that was more appealing to me than the XRS. I wanted the rack steering so if there was no Mach I would have purchased the XRS which also has the Rack steering.

erkoehler

My shocks are locked at sport +. I’m definitely excited for the softer ride when the shocks are active.

The initial photos of the Mach I didn’t love the color scheme so went with the all black of xrs.

No racing for me so I won’t miss the launch feature, although with the new Hurricane ECM I believe that feature could be unlocked. Mine will stay stock for this year, but maybe in the future!

G

G

Not familiar with latest Doos. How many gallons is the tank on the Mach and or the XRS? What kind of comfortable range is there riding normally? Without extra gas? Almost seems gas tanks getting smaller again. Except for Poo.

MATTR

Mach Z owners should have some opinions on the new Mach Z they bought. How is the turbo engine, smart shocks, launch button, wind protection , mpg, top speed. What more is needed and was it worth $20,000??
I've got a little over 800 miles on my mach and couldn't be happier. The motor is all around better than the 2 tuned 900t i've had, smart shocks are better than i anticipated, launch button...all it does is spin, i put on a medium height windshield, mpg not a factor for me, 114 on the fun meter. I went from a 900 renegade x to this and it's ALL around a better sled. Power cruiser is a good way to describe it.

Last edited:

erkoehler

As far as fuel consumption goes I haven’t pushed it beyond 120 miles for 1 tank of spirited riding. Gas light was on at that point for last few miles.

yamadooed

WD Scratch it down as more of a cushy power cruiser. Seems the powers lower than whats needed at the top of the trail racers class which is what MACH name should really be on. I'd guess the fancy features on the Mach will be just molded into options for the other platforms next year.

dfattack

I did this from day 1. As I previously stated I'm coming from an Apex with power steering so even after installing the snowtrackers (for me) it was heavier than what I was expecting. In fact, I rode the mach the very next day after riding the Apex and I think that highlighted the heavier steering even more. Now, after roughly 700 miles I have gotten used to it. Much better. I still think adding power steering to this sled would be absolute winner.

I posted this for those who may have a mach and was feeling the same way about the steering and thought it could help.

My Brothers buddy bought one….always had etec 850. Probably going to dump it. My brother rode it said it’s like riding a couch. Not very fun.

just_ride

What about the throttle cable on the new 900 T R compared to the ITC control on the 900 T ?
is there a big difference ....the same.... what's the thought on that?
Thanks

dfattack

Guys over on Doo talk claim it’s a big improvement. I can’t personally compare the two since I don’t have experience on the 900T