2024 Yamaha.Is it going to happen?

snobuilder

They already have the fastest production sled on the planet....not to mention the modded rocket versions of it....POP, POP, POP, POP...zooom, GONE!!!!

euphoric1

Maybe they will roll out a 2 smoke 860 in a catalyst chassis since Cat sold out so fast.....
I was wondering the same, seems odd to offer a new chassis with a singular engine option, and was talking to another dealer that said an 800 was coming but wasn't an 800.... so possibly?

dvision

I wish Yamaha could get a better dealer network. Their sleds come with a 3 year warranty with another 2 years available for $258 on the Sindwinder I inquired about earlier.

whitedust

I wish Yamaha could get a better dealer network. Their sleds come with a 3 year warranty with another 2 years available for $258 on the Sindwinder I inquired about earlier.
Here’s the problem Yamaha doesn’t give out just snowmobile dealerships. Yamaha wants you to carry their entire product line and floor plan. Yamaha is selective and takes big money and commitment.

dvision

Here’s the problem Yamaha doesn’t give out just snowmobile dealerships. Yamaha wants you to carry their entire product line and floor plan. Yamaha is selective and takes big money and commitment.
Didn't know that. It's no wonder the dealers are so few. I guess I can always dream.

It's not appealing to go to a Yamaha dealer that's a ways away and know they don't sell many(or any) sleds and know they don't have sh$t for parts. I'm struggling right now still being a snowmobiler after my terrible experience with my sled being down for way too long this winter. Got pissed and sold it and not in a rush to buy another.

whitedust

Didn't know that. It's no wonder the dealers are so few. I guess I can always dream.

It's not appealing to go to a Yamaha dealer that's a ways away and know they don't sell many(or any) sleds and know they don't have sh$t for parts. I'm struggling right now still being a snowmobiler after my terrible experience with my sled being down for way too long this winter. Got pissed and sold it and not in a rush to buy another.
Lucky to get a new one they go quickly first day and Cat may or may not manufacture definitely produce Cat sleds first which only makes sense. Doo produces eps and game over for Yamaha doo has been stubborn to offer eps really dumb imo. Catalyst blows up everything with 4s either new 4s engines coming or they will make the pro cross forever for Yamaha customers if customers want nothing but 10 year old plus tech.

dfattack

Unfortunately this thread can go off in many directions and I am not trying to do that. I no longer wait to see what yamaha has to offer because I know they aren’t really Yamahas anymore. For decades I was only yamaha (since 1983). Lost count how many I bought. For years I bought one sled every year and maintained as many as 4 sleds for our family. Gave up waiting for them to make their own years ago. Very happy with Doo now, but would love more choice with having a true version of yammy as well as cat and poo’s continuous innovation. It makes all brands better with more competition.

snobuilder

Unfortunately this thread can go off in many directions and I am not trying to do that. I no longer wait to see what yamaha has to offer because I know they aren’t really Yamahas anymore. For decades I was only yamaha (since 1983). Lost count how many I bought. For years I bought one sled every year and maintained as many as 4 sleds for our family. Gave up waiting for them to make their own years ago. Very happy with Doo now, but would love more choice with having a true version of yammy as well as cat and poo’s continuous innovation. It makes all brands better with more competition.
Losing competition is never good.
How much further can sleds evolve except with new tech connective gadgetry OR ERVs

dfattack

How much further can sleds evolve except with new tech connective gadgetry OR ERVs
Agree there is room for tech improvements but engineers seem to come up with something new all the time. Every time I hit the chop and only feel half of them it reminds me how far we've come. It actually catches me off guard sometimes. I see a bump coming and barely feel it. That's awesome. The guy I use for my suspension setups has ideas that might eventually work into new skid designs. I'm sure there are many others with great ideas. I'm happy sitting back and letting it happen and in the mean time with enjoy every mile I ride, even in the chop sometimes.

I personally wish there would be more than Poo, Doo and Cat. Sorry I no longer consider Yamaha as anything more than an engine manufacturer.

indy_500

Lucky to get a new one they go quickly first day and Cat may or may not manufacture definitely produce Cat sleds first which only makes sense. Doo produces eps and game over for Yamaha doo has been stubborn to offer eps really dumb imo. Catalyst blows up everything with 4s either new 4s engines coming or they will make the pro cross forever for Yamaha customers if customers want nothing but 10 year old plus tech.
Doo came out with rack steering for 24. Has been a pretty quiet topic, but it’s supposed to steer way lighter. I honestly think you might be the only one saying Doo needs to come out with EPS though lol

whitedust

New engines , electric sleds, composite materials it’s never ending. OEMs have to keep growing so always something new being developed. Only thing that will stop development is a shrinking market and will come to that someday.

whitedust

Doo came out with rack steering for 24. Has been a pretty quiet topic, but it’s supposed to steer way lighter. I honestly think you might be the only one saying Doo needs to come out with EPS though lol
Lots of riders out there with sore shoulders that loved Yamaha eps. I get it you are young and don’t see the need now but you will someday. Lol. Eps will come along just like it has in autos makes the ride more enjoyable. Go to dootalk 4s lots of topics about eps. It will come it’s a money maker option for doo.

dfattack

Doo has had rack steering for years on their XRS. X package even had it for a short time. I’m definitely one who wants EPS and if you look on dootalk you will find others who agree. Not usually threads just discussing that but usually just added in threads discussing Mach or GT’s.

My 2021 renegade XRS has rack and I’m almost positive my 2022 Mach has rack too