2024 Yamaha.Is it going to happen?

dfattack

New engines , electric sleds, composite materials it’s never ending. OEMs have to keep growing so always something new being developed. Only thing that will stop development is a shrinking market and will come to that someday.
I saw more sleds this year than I have in a long time. Out west there was just as much. The amount of trailers I saw heading out west was unbelievable. Not sure the market is drying up

dfattack

Lots of riders out there with sore shoulders that loved Yamaha eps. I get it you are young and don’t see the need now but you will someday. Lol. Eps will come along just like it has in autos makes the ride more enjoyable. Go to dootalk 4s lots of topics about eps. It will come it’s a money maker option for doo.
I love my Mach but if they offered it on a sled with smart shox I would order one as soon as they accepted orders

harvest1121

I will ride my 2022 Sidewinder GT EPS over my 2022 Skidoo renegade 850 any day. But who knows might get a 900 turbo if the deal is right trading in the 850

snobuilder

EPS has way more value than being worried about sore shoulders. Way more going on than is considered. Too bad the www snomo bullies had to ruin Yamaha sleds for everyone who loved their product by a constant drone of too heavy and EPS is also too heavy and real sledders don't need it....LOL ....I don't think there is another rec vehicle out there that benefits more from a proper "need sensing" EPS set up than a pair a skis on a sled which nowadays is well over 500# set up to rider forward as well.

dfattack

EPS has way more value than being worried about sore shoulders. Way more going on than is considered. Too bad the www snomo bullies had to ruin Yamaha sleds for everyone who loved their product by a constant drone of too heavy and EPS is also too heavy and real sledders don't need it....LOL ....I don't think there is another rec vehicle out there that benefits more from a proper "need sensing" EPS set up than a pair a skis on a sled which nowadays is well over 500# set up to rider forward as well.
only other benefit that I know of is the isolation between the handlebars and trail. I really like that. I don't want to feel every single pebble or ice chunk.

whitedust

Skidoo not so worried about weight anymore more about giving the market what they want that’s why I hope they embrace eps at least with 4s models. They may have to be weight conscious market driven by AC and Polaris for 2s see how well the catalyst does probably will determine direction for Polaris and doos 2s too

snobuilder

Hybrid apex? Is that a thing?
The Yamaha chassis is a hybrid that lands in between the HIGH center of gravity sleds that everyone now offers and the pre 2003 sit down sleds that predate todays sleds. You may not be lifting the skis at will but the EPS in the corners on these lower COG true Yamahas are like no other sled offered today. Doubt me....I don't care.

dfattack

The Yamaha chassis is a hybrid that lands in between the HIGH center of gravity sleds that everyone now offers and the pre 2003 sit down sleds that predate todays sleds. You may not be lifting the skis at will but the EPS in the corners on these lower COG true Yamahas are like no other sled offered today. Doubt me....I don't care.
Why do you have to get so pissy so fast. I truly didn’t know what you meant and now I understand. By the way. I have a 2012 apex XTX so I’m well aware of how they handle and ride. I have over 5,000 miles on it. I love it. That’s why I kept it when I bought a new sled.

1fujifilm

Doo came out with rack steering for 24. Has been a pretty quiet topic, but it’s supposed to steer way lighter. I honestly think you might be the only one saying Doo needs to come out with EPS though lol
Yup, the X Sleds have the rack steering again but you lose the adjustable riser. Got 2 850 X coming, will be interesting to ride rack again. They had it on all 17's when Gen 4 started but pulled from ADR and X and only installed on XRS from 16-23.

Bear

1fujifilm

Why do you have to get so pissy so fast. I truly didn’t know what you meant and now I understand. By the way. I have a 2012 apex XTX so I’m well aware of how they handle and ride. I have over 5,000 miles on it. I love it. That’s why I kept it when I bought a new sled.
If you watch the 24 release video the Viper and Winder look jittery and float side to side at speed..check it out..not cool.

Bear

kip

Yamaha is long in the tooth and I cannot argue that Bear. I will say this, how many SRX's or Sidewinders are out there for sale? For not being cool it sure does sell and hold value, and if you look at what they're getting for 2 strokes vs. a 4 stroke it's quite funny. Not near the material yet here they are more money than a high performance 4 stroke, lol! They may not be relevant to you Pete, but we sell the hell out of them every year so that means it's your opinion and I can respect your opinion. However, for you to say not relevant in a general term certainly isn't true. I certainly don't see a bunch of recalls either. People buy these sleds because they get them from point A to point B and that keeps their vacation going time after time. They have the best warranty bar none which people love and appreciate. We all have different priorities and that's what makes the sport fun and interesting. I'd love more than anyone of you to see new sleds and platforms, but it's simply not reality which sucks, yes!!!! It's what we have and whether anyone likes it or not the stuff sells and I can see why it does sell when dealing with customers each and every day who are pissed because they have recalls, stop rides, electrical issues, or blown engines. I'm not knocking Bear or Pete as I respect them both, but there is a market for these sleds, they do sell, and there is good reason why they do sell.

xsledder

Cat and Yamaha can easily take the Procross chassis and make a 3rd generation of it and still get a number of years out of it. It could be the best high mileage / touring sled out there. Yes, I consider the '18 MY and above Procross a Gen 2 because there is such a substantial difference between my '16 and '19 sleds. They look very similar but they are not the same in ride and other aspects.

whitedust

Yamaha is long in the tooth and I cannot argue that Bear. I will say this, how many SRX's or Sidewinders are out there for sale? For not being cool it sure does sell and hold value, and if you look at what they're getting for 2 strokes vs. a 4 stroke it's quite funny. Not near the material yet here they are more money than a high performance 4 stroke, lol! They may not be relevant to you Pete, but we sell the hell out of them every year so that means it's your opinion and I can respect your opinion. However, for you to say not relevant in a general term certainly isn't true. I certainly don't see a bunch of recalls either. People buy these sleds because they get them from point A to point B and that keeps their vacation going time after time. They have the best warranty bar none which people love and appreciate. We all have different priorities and that's what makes the sport fun and interesting. I'd love more than anyone of you to see new sleds and platforms, but it's simply not reality which sucks, yes!!!! It's what we have and whether anyone likes it or not the stuff sells and I can see why it does sell when dealing with customers each and every day who are pissed because they have recalls, stop rides, electrical issues, or blown engines. I'm not knocking Bear or Pete as I respect them both, but there is a market for these sleds, they do sell, and there is good reason why they do sell.
Kip is Yamaha going to come up with a new line up of engines to fit the Catalyst which seems to be the future platform for AC? Best of luck selling Yamaha in any form Pats definitely is a great Yamaha shop first and foremost.

SledTL

The thing that drives me up a wall a bit is the price of their sleds. I could buy a new Viper or I could buy a 900R which has 60 more hp for the same price. I think I would care less if it wasn't the same parts being used for the past 10 years, but its a parts bin grab at this point. The engine is proven and the chassis has had it's ROI at this point. Make it a competitively priced 125hp sled.....have to decide if I want to pony up for a winder next year.

chunk06

The black and gold throwback SRX is pretty cool. If I found a Sidewinder or T cat with EPS for a deal I would like to try it.