24-hour fishing license with any web-enabled mobile device

thunderstruck88

The Department of Natural Resources and Environment (DNRE) announced today that anglers can now purchase a .

The project--called Mobile Fish--is a joint effort between the DNRE and the Department of Technology, Management and Budget (DTMB).

Mobile device users can access Mobile Fish by clicking on THIS LINK and purchase a 24-hour, all species fishing license with a credit or debit card for $7.

Purchasers choose the date and time they would like their 24-hour license to begin, enter their valid Michigan driver’s license or State of Michigan ID, make a payment and receive a confirmation number.

"Mobile Fish is intended to be a convenience for anglers, and make it easier to get out on the water and go fishing," said DNRE Director Rebecca Humphries. "We are excited to be offering this service to Michigan residents, enabling them to purchase a 24-hour fishing license anytime, anywhere."

DNRE conservation officers have the technology to verify license purchases instantly. Anglers purchasing a 24-hour fishing license through Mobile Fish won’t have to worry about printing anything out or remembering their confirmation number. Officers can simply look up the purchaser’s license details in the system by driver’s license or state identification number.

"Mobile Fish makes last-minute, short term licenses available to any Michigan resident with a web-enabled mobile device," explained Tom Weston, director of the E-Michigan Office within DTMB. "With 15,000 page views a day on Michigan.gov via mobile devices alone, this new application provides a fast and easy way for citizens to get their fishing licenses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week."

Out of state anglers and those wishing to purchase other types of fishing licenses will still need to visit a local retailer or click on THIS LINK to purchase a license online.

mxz_chris

That is a good idea, but someone in-state who fishes probably goes online and renews every year. It would be much better for out of state people. I bet they are the ones who come up for a weekend, and fish without a licence. I know once you're out at camp, if you forget to get one, or have someone who wasn't planning on fishing with you, it would much easier to just use my phone than drive all over looking for a vendor, especially if I don't know the area well. Bet a lot of folks say the **** with it, and take a chance.

skeedoo

I'm a fishing guide in Indiana and this type of convenience would be great for my clients. I'm going to pass this info onto our DNR Chief of Fisheries and see if Indiana can get on board with this. I think it is a great idea.