3.0 Baby Duramax

old abe

My son and daughter in law bought a GMC crew cab less than 2 years ago. It literally has spent more time, out of commission, in the shop, than they have had it to drive. No bull just fact. All engine problems, many of them. It's broke down, and in the shop again now as I post this. Unreal. Their problem is now, they can't get rid of it. Can you say, "Got a Mechanic Coming", or as my uncle used to tease me on my "Garage Mans Companion". Good luck to you.

latner

Sorry to hear that. I wonder if they could lemon law it? I figured with the success of the 6.6, they would've had this one dialed in.

old abe

Sorry to hear that. I wonder if they could lemon law it? I figured with the success of the 6.6, they would've had this one dialed in.
I was on them big time on the "Lemon law", dealer, and GMC service kept talking them out of doing that, until it was too late. I located a Vehicle Warranty Attorney, I think he's going to get the job now. A friend of mine son had to use him against his Chevy 6.2 engine. Same thing it was in the shop more than home to use.

Highflyer

I was on them big time on the "Lemon law", dealer, and GMC service kept talking them out of doing that, until it was too late. I located a Vehicle Warranty Attorney, I think he's going to get the job now. A friend of mine son had to use him against his Chevy 6.2 engine. Same thing it was in the shop more than home to use.
Why can't they just trade it in?

old abe

Why can't they just trade it in?
Yeah, well, every GM dealer in the entire world knows the history on the truck, eh. We found now that GM's warranty policies just plain suck, and they're well proven to be so. The Attorney is the only path forward now, as he has three ways to recover the lost time, money, headaches.

Tim in Indiana

I have a 21 Denali with the 3.0 duramax. No problems with either the truck or drive train. I get great mileage with it, around 24-28 mpg in daily or highway driving. Of course towing drops it down.

My only complaint is the start/stop which you can turn off with a switch but you have to do it each time you start it.

1fujifilm

My son and daughter in law bought a GMC crew cab less than 2 years ago. It literally has spent more time, out of commission, in the shop, than they have had it to drive. No bull just fact. All engine problems, many of them. It's broke down, and in the shop again now as I post this. Unreal. Their problem is now, they can't get rid of it. Can you say, "Got a Mechanic Coming", or as my uncle used to tease me on my "Garage Mans Companion". Good luck to you.

Was It the diesel?

Sweep800

I have a 2020 AT4 with 63k on it with no problems. I only get around 20 mpg local driving and 23/24 highway. So far(knock on wood) best truck I’ve owned. I purchased the 100k drivetrain warranty so I’m golden! Lol

latner

I have a 2020 AT4 with 63k on it with no problems. I only get around 20 mpg local driving and 23/24 highway. So far(knock on wood) best truck I’ve owned. I purchased the 100k drivetrain warranty so I’m golden! Lol
Extended warranty bought through GM?

tjmaxx

I have the 3.0 ecodiesel and love it. Not exactly the same as mine is ram but it's been awesome. If I was buying today I'd look hard at the 3.0 duramax

Sweep800

I’ve always had 3/4 ton Chevys, this is my first GMC 1/2 ton. It gets double the gas mileage as the 3/4. I probably save around $500 a month. Got tired of the stuff ride and I don’t really trailer anything that large so it was a no brainer for me. Someone told me the 6.2 mileage was around 11pm? I’m not sure if that’s true tho, maybe someone here can chime in? Hear it’s a beast of an engine tho.

I will say I only got about 35k miles on the Duratrac tires(junk imo) the road noise was unbearable.

xsledder

I have the 3.0 ecodiesel and love it. Not exactly the same as mine is ram but it's been awesome. If I was buying today I'd look hard at the 3.0 duramax
You might have to look at a Duramax. As of January 2023, they quit making the EcoDiesel Ram 1500. (That's the rumor mill. I am sure you can find one on a lot somewhere.)