32F & Pouring Rain In Phelps!

whitedust

You got to be kidding me!!! Never got above 39F all week but no snow even at 32F....ice still on lakes but can't be safe.....
Useable snow by Xmas doubtful now....:(

cats19

to think about the amount of snow we would be getting down here in IA/Wis is sickening. the only bright side is there is a moisture pattern, but we need the temps to get lower. saying a prayer to all snow gods.

MJL

When somebodys gets the first ridable snow in the midwest this year it's going to be kaos because of all the pent up demand. If nobodys riding inbetween the holidays yet because of conditions, the tv and dog will start to get kicked.

whitedust

You would think this would be a wicked ice storm at these temps...who knows maybe it will start freezing.... just coming down too hard to freeze right now can be the only reason we don't have ice at ground level.

upbarleyboy

Cold temps need to hit before the snow or it's gonna be tough sleddin' (no pun intended). My sump pump is running heavy this morning so there isn't much frost (if any) in the ground here in Central Wisconsin. A week from today, the days start to get longer. If things don't turn by new years, I'm thinking we may need to stick a fork in this season! Looking like to 2015/16' riding season will be one to forget. For sure the 15' side.

snocrazy

Sooooooo much rain here. Lakes in the area no longer frozen. All open water.
My yard is like a lake at the moment.

We will have snow in January some time. Just accept it.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Sleeting here. At least it is not rain and it is turning the ground white.

groomerdriver

1.5 inches of rain and pouring down to add more to the total here in the Rice Lake, WI region. :(

Some of the cams ARE showing white stuff on the ground.

yamaha_40th

OK with all of this crappy (no snow) weather I was wondering how long will it take to actually set up to be ride able ??? 1 2 weeks ????

whitedust

I don't have much hope for trail riding in Vilas by Xmas..... December is quickly slipping away just no cold weather or big snows forecasted to turn things around. Maybe January will be different but December is a bust unless things change big time! Not even any skiing or ice fishing... freaking unreal for northern WI!

JimAndros

You got to be kidding me!!! Never got above 39F all week but no snow even at 32F....ice still on lakes but can't be safe.....
Useable snow by Xmas doubtful now....:(

Pete,

The ice was gone when I got to work this morning. White caps rolling right up the boat ramp.

whitedust

Pete,

The ice was gone when I got to work this morning. White caps rolling right up the boat ramp.

Ice still on Spectacle Lake & Ken has ice on Stella too in Sayner...North & South Twin wide open. I was screwing around with my septic lift pump today mostly sleet & snow this afternoon.....fun times... lol

attack_06

Winter so far is really reminding me of 1983 it was 50s weather all thru Xmas rained like **** in madison on Xmas eve and day but in three weeks by mid January it was below 0 and trails were open so one could only hope was just thinkin can't beleave that was over thirty yrs ago now

timo

This rain in in SE Wis. is getting old.
rained all night last night, raining hard since I've been up (4 hours) my weather apps call for 70-80% chance of rain all week next week with temps between 40-46 degrees.
rain gauge is approaching four inches since Dec 1.
the grass is green and growing it looks like March 16 not Dec. 16.
This sucks.

whitedust

At least 3 inches of slush now.... my feet got soaking wet today. Could be a skating rink later tonight. Crazy day poured rain,sleet & snow then about 3PM the biggest brightest rainbow ever!! Tried to snap a pic but was driving I'll have to check it out.