4 seater SXS?

chunk06

As of the webinar this morning you can scratch the Arctic Cat Wildcat off your list as they are now officially called Textron off road Wildcat. They are keeping the Wildcat, Prowler and Alteera names but dropping the Arctic Cat. The sleds will stay Arctic Cat.
I wonder if that will make the remaining Arctic Cat branded models go any cheaper?

1fujifilm

We bought a Polaris Ranger new, and it has just under 1000 hrs/14,000+ miles. No problems other than 1 ignition switch, rebuilt the starter, and worn out tires. Same results with a Polaris ATV. They have been very good work/play toys for us. They both have been used, not babied.

I was going to say a 4 seater could "reduce the actual utility" of the unit due to the extended size. I have a Boss plow on my 2015 Ranger 900 and I would not be able to get into tight spots or maneuver as good as I do with a 4 seater.
I must agree with Abe that the Rangers are generally bulletproof. Mine only has 400 miles but 100 of that is plowing in Green Bay, WI over the past two winters. I just did my first service in May 2017 and it needed zero repairs and only an oil change and grease. The tech said the belt was in great shape, that says a lot as low speed plowing is hard on the belt especially when stacking snow.
FYI; a battery tender goes a long way too; still on my original battery and it always starts even when it is cold as heck.

Bear

1fujifilm

they should be

Very likely. If One likes A/C wait until a Dealer like Kens in Little Chute, WI buys the overstock from Dealers that cannot move product and then buy; it happens every year on ATV's, UTV's and sleds.

It is not always about "cheapest" as other brands will have better depreciation and thus cost the consumer less in the long run even though the cash outlay up-front may be 10-20% more. Less problems with repairs too.

Bear

- - - Updated - - -

Honda pioneer 1000-5 , best of both worlds.

I loved the Honda 1,000 when I drove one at an event to introduce them 20 months ago. Why; THEY HAVE AN AUTOMOTIVE STYLE TRANSMISSION THAT IS NOT BASED ON A BELT! I hate UTV CVT's as they have "lash" from **** and when the belt gets hot they slip, stink and reduce power.
Anyway, Boss did not make a plow 20 months ago for the Honda; THEY DO NOW, cant wait til I buy one when my Ranger says sell me.

Bear

- - - Updated - - -

As of the webinar this morning you can scratch the Arctic Cat Wildcat off your list as they are now officially called Textron off road Wildcat. They are keeping the Wildcat, Prowler and Alteera names but dropping the Arctic Cat. The sleds will stay Arctic Cat.

Hold the presses; maybe Textron will build in some Jacobsen lawn mower technology or E-Z-GO golf cart knowledge; that would have my interest..NOT!

Bear

megan600

IMG_2354.jpg

Went with the two seater... Maybe not the most economical purchase we have ever made, but dang its fun and flies! The ride of it is great... but the wheel base is quite long on this 2 seater. 102" and a Polaris RZR 4 seater is 106.5" I believe. Sometimes wish there was extra room for passengers, but sometimes it's nice not having to deal with that either ;)

mrbb

well congrats, and best of luck to you, looks like a fun machine

BUT what happened to taking them kids out ??

guess when they get older you can trade it in HAHA!
Hey have fun while you can!~