6 east from Phelps towards Iron River

goofy600

Well I answered my own question today, 6 east from Phelps to where it meets with 10 was now really that good everything from that point into iron River was fantastic.

legend02

Rode from Iron River to Phelps last Wednesday and it was great

Actually everything last Monday -Wednesday was great

Conover, Lando, Watersmeet , Kenton /Signaw area

Love Riding during the week

goofy600

Most of it was good just the section Phelps grooms not real good and last Monday rode Phelps trail 6 and 17 not real good that day either. So in 2 try’s have not had very good trails in there area, I won’t say I’m not going back but I won’t make it a priority until I lot more snow flys. Thanks for inputs.

whitedust

Most of it was good just the section Phelps grooms not real good and last Monday rode Phelps trail 6 and 17 not real good that day either. So in 2 try’s have not had very good trails in there area, I won’t say I’m not going back but I won’t make it a priority until I lot more snow flys. Thanks for inputs.
I feel your disappointment had to deal with that for 16 years. Went from first to worse and don’t like criticism at ALL. It’s has to be better than when Eagle River and Conover had to step in a few years ago.

goofy600

One thing I will say is there were a lot of sleds that way, way more than I would have thought. Sand lake pub had to have 30-40 sleds and Y not Here probably 30-50 sleds, also quite a few around the Twin Lakes area on Saturday so somewhat understandable but definitely surrounding clubs doing better.

whitedust

One thing I will say is there were a lot of sleds that way, way more than I would have thought. Sand lake pub had to have 30-40 sleds and Y not Here probably 30-50 sleds, also quite a few around the Twin Lakes area on Saturday so somewhat understandable but definitely surrounding clubs doing better.
Traffic all has to come from somewhere to get to Phelps trails. The town is 17 miles NE of ER so if you’re in Phelps you’re there because you chose to be there. Hwy 17 dead ends past Smoky Lake snowmobile trails lead to IR or 3 lakes but certainly not via a short cut. Lol. As soon as you cross to Brule System which is a huge trail system conditions improve same with Conover, ER and Lando. Phelps just has 40 miles of trail to maintain and needs to do better imo. I gave up no will to improve but darn they have beautiful trails to ride especially to IR.

goofy600

Traffic all has to come from somewhere to get to Phelps trails. The town is 17 miles NE of ER so if you’re in Phelps you’re there because you chose to be there. Hwy 17 dead ends past Smoky Lake snowmobile trails lead to IR or 3 lakes but certainly not via a short cut. Lol. As soon as you cross to Brule System which is a huge trail system conditions improve same with Conover, ER and Lando. Phelps just has 40 miles of trail to maintain and needs to do better imo. I gave up no will to improve but darn they have beautiful trails to ride especially to IR.
Agree, I like the trails and going east as usually less traffic but the Phelps are used up and need some real help, hopefully it will get worked out in the near future.

whitedust

Agree, I like the trails and going east as usually less traffic but the Phelps are used up and need some real help, hopefully it will get worked out in the near future.
If you get caught in Phelps in horrible conditions cut across North Twin Lake and get on the Conover trails. Sometimes you see lots of sleds at Phelps bars that think a groomer will come but they don’t groom at all during the day. Club needs young blood and they know it but don’t care. Phelps is a big retirement area and club is super old.

goofy600

If you get caught in Phelps in horrible conditions cut across North Twin Lake and get on the Conover trails. Sometimes you see lots of sleds at Phelps bars that think a groomer will come but they don’t groom at all during the day. Club needs young blood and they know it but don’t care. Phelps is a big retirement area and club is super old.
Exactly what we did made a stop at Dublin bar then off to Conover to Lando. I understand the retirement part also being I’m 54 and one of the youngest active club members in my club. I truly think that is most clubs in general especially around the smaller towns that have clubs like Phelps and Watersmeet etc.