900 switchback

George

a friend of mine is looking at a '05 900 switchback with 3500 miles on it, I have reports that those machines were not some of the most reliable. between braking motor mounts to crank bearings, pistons... I don't know anything about them I have never had one and my friends have never had any before so I asking your opinion. what kinda price would be fair for this machine? Thanks

ranlam

A buddy of mine use to have a couple of these sleds. All I can say is hang on brother these sleds rip! I think there some motor updates that took care of reliability issues, they vibrate, but thats just cause of that monster motor. I really had fun riding these sleds.

ragex2

Those were one of the most problem-prone sleds ever made, big design issues, not just little PIA stuff. low resale and 0 trade value. I would look at anything but that, any any price.

polarisrider1

It got 3500 miles on it some how. Can't be all bad. Can be made better with little effort. It is heavy and can pull a house down the trail.

indy_500

TORQUE!!!!! If you know how to work on sleds (meaning not the guy that knows how to replace hyfax and carbides and that's it), and put a few minor mods on it, it'll be a great sled.

winter_time

the 900 is a great motor and actually is less prone to problems than the 800 was a friend of mine has 10000 on his with no problems. the 900 is pretty reliable if you do the engine torque stop kit that slp makes to keep the engine from twisting because of the low end torque on that motor along with design flaws in the engine mounts. i also own a 900 and absolutely love the sled tons of power and very fun to ride.