A great Weather Man's retirement - Not John

Snowman1961

I just read that the Great meteorologist Tom Skilling of WGN in Chicago has announced his retirement. I grew up listening and learning from Tom as his weather forecasts were great since not only did he provided them, he explained why. Like someone else we all know! He will be missed.

Northstar

Steve Dahl used to do a spoof weather guy and called him Tommy Skillet Head modeled off of Tom Skilling's mannerisms. Sure Tom Skilling is quirky but he was always the one guy on TV I would trust.

hermie

He will be missed. He was always good at explaining why things were happening the way they were. He also was not a downer when it came to snow. You can tell he loves his job. If we could all be this lucky to love or job as much as he does.

dfattack

Steve Dahl used to do a spoof weather guy and called him Tommy Skillet Head modeled off of Tom Skilling's mannerisms. Sure Tom Skilling is quirky but he was always the one guy on TV I would trust.
Never knew that. Yeah he was definitely trustworthy

harvest1121

Skilling really explained things but was the first chicken little was never right. A 3 inch snow storm he would say 12-32