A Special Weather Statement...I just love these!

Polarice

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
in effect until Tuesday, Jan 10, 5:00 PM...A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM MAY IMPACT WEST AND CENTRAL UPPER MICHIGAN WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON INTO FRIDAY...

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM SINKING SOUTHEASTWARD FROM ALBERTA INTO NORTHERN LOWER MICHIGAN WILL BRING MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW TO WEST AND CENTRAL UPPER MICHIGAN BEGINNING WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. THE STRONG NORTHERLY WINDS LEFT IN THE WAKE OF THIS LOW WILL DRAG MUCH COLDER AIR OVER LAKE SUPERIOR...RESULTING IN HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW IN AREAS FAVORED BY A NORTH WIND. VISIBILITIES COULD BE REDUCED AS A RESULT OF THE HEAVY SNOW. IN ADDITION...WINDS COULD GUST OVER 30 MILES PER HOUR NEAR LAKE SUPERIOR LEADING TO AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW. BY THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY EXPECT THE HEAVIEST SNOW TO BE CONFINED TO THE LAKE SUPERIOR SHORELINE.

STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR YOUR FAVORITE MEDIA OUTLET FOR FURTHER UPDATES AND FORECASTS ON THIS POTENTIAL SNOW STORM.

mride460

Me to!! Its like the storm warning before the storm watch before the real storm warning about a storm that shows up half the strength as forecasted... lol

whitedust

Yep all local TV weather forecats all over the place on this storm for Phelps could be 12" could be 3" could be 1" models say this models say that then LES could do this & that too. I guess some snow will fall where, when & how much take your pick.lol

cmharcou

Let's keep this to top. We're leaving for the up in the morning. Rolling the dice on this one. 10 hour drive ahead.

polarisrider1

in effect until Tuesday, Jan 10, 5:00 PM...A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM MAY IMPACT WEST AND CENTRAL UPPER MICHIGAN WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON INTO FRIDAY...

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM SINKING SOUTHEASTWARD FROM ALBERTA INTO NORTHERN LOWER MICHIGAN WILL BRING MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW TO WEST AND CENTRAL UPPER MICHIGAN BEGINNING WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. THE STRONG NORTHERLY WINDS LEFT IN THE WAKE OF THIS LOW WILL DRAG MUCH COLDER AIR OVER LAKE SUPERIOR...RESULTING IN HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW IN AREAS FAVORED BY A NORTH WIND. VISIBILITIES COULD BE REDUCED AS A RESULT OF THE HEAVY SNOW. IN ADDITION...WINDS COULD GUST OVER 30 MILES PER HOUR NEAR LAKE SUPERIOR LEADING TO AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW. BY THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY EXPECT THE HEAVIEST SNOW TO BE CONFINED TO THE LAKE SUPERIOR SHORELINE.

STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR YOUR FAVORITE MEDIA OUTLET FOR FURTHER UPDATES AND FORECASTS ON THIS POTENTIAL SNOW STORM.
key word:May. that is one heck of a maybe.

whitedust

Still all over the place but seem to think Vilas will get the most in WI again take your pick 3-12". 6" would get Phelps going pretty well so fingers & toes crossed. Timing sounds like by Thursday afternoon we should know how much & where & if LES is a big factor should start Wed afternoon.

CatsOnly

White dust, let's hope for the 12, my father and I just decide to come up this weekend, even though were coming derby weekend I haven't rode yet after my new oil pump and track extension and would like to put miles on it and get the new ratio on oil before the long derby weekend. Thanks for your updates and looking forward to them during the storm!

whitedust

White dust, let's hope for the 12, my father and I just decide to come up this weekend, even though were coming derby weekend I haven't rode yet after my new oil pump and track extension and would like to put miles on it and get the new ratio on oil before the long derby weekend. Thanks for your updates and looking forward to them during the storm!

Yep... Yee old waiting game 3 day northwoods snow storm & models, models, models... which model will it be????

whitedust

10PM...Ok this is the latest from NBC Rhinelander Phelps between 6 & 12" could be more from east as storm develops & pushes back west. LES will come in so BJ looks good for the 12" but eastern Vilas will get more from the system snow combined with LES so could be 12" too. Northeastern WI will get the most system snow & the least LES to far from the lake. Looks like the snow bust will be in the western counties like Price saying west of 51 will have the least system snow 3" & in dry air. Best thing to do is look at JDs forecast in the morning & he will nail down the snowfall graphics. Also sounds like colder weather is coming in nothing super cold 0 at night 12-15 day highs. UP should get plenty of snow system & LES guns get turned on too. Trip wise plans for now stay north & east of 51 & UP should be best of the best as deepest base & another foot+ coming. If the storm pans out we should FINIALLY have some decent riding in both WI & UP.:)

whitedust

Delayed until tonight & now dragging into Friday too. Typical northern WI 3 day snowstorm a little at a time event & end up with 6-12" & never really know exactly how much as snow settles over 3 days. All & all good news for now.:)

Polarice

Delayed until tonight & now dragging into Friday too. Typical northern WI 3 day snowstorm a little at a time event & end up with 6-12" & never really know exactly how much as snow settles over 3 days. All & all good news for now.:)

I thought that tonight or this morning is what they've been calling for? What forecast do you read/watch?

UPDATE

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MARQUETTE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER...

* SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN FALLING OVER THE AREA THURSDAY MORNING. PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOW ARE POSSIBLE THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING.

* STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL IN EXCESS OF 8 INCHES IS POSSIBLE.

* WIND GUSTS OVER 25 MPH MAY CAUSE BLOWING SNOW LEADING TO REDUCED VISIBILITIES IN OPEN AREAS.

IMPACTS...

* TRAVEL COULD BECOME DIFFICULT AT TIMES DUE TO HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

* A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL.

* PREPARE...PLAN...AND STAY INFORMED. VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/MQT

whitedust

Simular apples...For northern WI only 1-3" starting late tonight then dumps on Thursday during the day. 1st call was starting this afternoon but delayed & that is good more time for phasing of southern storm. I'm southwest of Marquette so simular patterns with north wind & LES.

Polarice

Another one!!!

in effect until Thursday, Mar 1, 5:00 PM...ANOTHER WINTER STORM MAY IMPACT PORTIONS OF UPPER MICHIGAN FRIDAY NIGHT INTO EARLY SATURDAY...

LOW PRESSURE DEVELOPING OVER ILLINOIS FRIDAY WILL INTENSIFY AS IT MOVES NORTHEAST ACROSS LAKE HURON FRIDAY NIGHT. ON THIS TRACK...LIGHT SNOW SHOULD BEGIN TO DEVELOP OVER THE AREA FRIDAY AFTERNOON. MODERATE TO POSSIBLY HEAVY SNOW WILL THEN SPREAD INTO PORTIONS OF CENTRAL UPPER MICHIGAN FRIDAY NIGHT. CURRENT INFORMATION SUGGESTS SNOWFALL IN EXCESS OF 6 INCHES MAY OCCUR EAST OF A LINE FROM ESCANABA TO MUNISING FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING...WITH THE HEAVIEST SNOW FALLING EAST OF MANISTIQUE AND NEWBERRY. WITH COLDER AIR FLOWING ACROSS LAKE SUPERIOR ON NORTHERLY WINDS...PORTIONS OF WESTERN ALGER COUNTY AND MARQUETTE COUNTY MAY ALSO SEE SNOW ACCUMULATIONS IN EXCESS OF 6 INCHES DUE TO LAKE ENHANCEMENT. GUSTY NORTHERLY WINDS WILL CAUSE SOME BLOWING SNOW...ESPECIALLY NEAR LAKE SUPERIOR.

STAY TUNED TO LATER FORECASTS FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MARQUETTE FOR FURTHER UPDATES ON THE POTENTIAL WINTER STORM FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY.