A whole new level of Moron

buddah2

Since we had a nice little snow this morning (6 to 7") I decided to take a ride down to Big Spring Bar. I had heard it was really nice since it reopened and I wanted to see for myself. I'm riding in on their twisty little trail and a guy coming at me blows the corner enough to where I had to go into the trees to avoid a head-on. His buddy then blows by and flips ME off.

Happens all the time, right? Not quite bunky............they were on their frippen' four wheelers. I had to go to the bar to get some help to get the sled out........it was stuck over a fallen tree. MORONS!!!!!!!!!

AND they were not locals..........I asked.........

F

fusion

Ride at your own peril. We are seeing this complete disregard, and disrespect for other people all over. WI, MI and I'm sure MN too.
In this era of broken families, single parent mothers raising out of control, undisciplined punks, and b&st!rd kids, this will become the new "norm", sorry to say.
Watch out for the other guy, AND get your conceal carry permit. Who knows what happens next, when the inevitable on trail conflict occurs, when one of these idiots actually stops and has it out with someone they've run off the trail.
Sad state of affairs.

buddah2

.........Watch out for the other guy, AND get your conceal carry permit. Who knows what happens next,

Already have one.......but it's not worth the legal hassle to pull it........however, that said, if I were to find out where they were staying their tires might have some sudden "issues".

snocrazy

How were the trails down that way? Im thinking of heading down to the Midway in a bit for a ride. Im going to PM you my number if you need some one to ride with.

-Sean

cooksend

This is what happens when parents stick there kids in front of any form of instant babysitter instead of interacting with them. Take the time and teach them wrong from right. Don't be so quick to label them as having a disability and do what we can to create a generation of respectful people! Teach ethics before freedom of speech! It is OK say One Nation Under God! The golden rule and 10 comandments should not be brushed under the rug!

A sign is a sign and a rule is a rule! No exceptions! We can't fix it today but tomorrow?

jmvette427

"No consequences" thats what is wrong with our society! you can take someones life, steal, rape, lie , cheat, and all it takes is a good lawyer! i believe you reap what you sow, and we all eventually, will be judged for our actions on earth!

xc500mod

Since we had a nice little snow this morning (6 to 7") I decided to take a ride down to Big Spring Bar. I had heard it was really nice since it reopened and I wanted to see for myself. I'm riding in on their twisty little trail and a guy coming at me blows the corner enough to where I had to go into the trees to avoid a head-on. His buddy then blows by and flips ME off.

Happens all the time, right? Not quite bunky............they were on their frippen' four wheelers. I had to go to the bar to get some help to get the sled out........it was stuck over a fallen tree. MORONS!!!!!!!!!

AND they were not locals..........I

Jerks

RVR RNR

This is what happens when parents stick there kids in front of any form of instant babysitter instead of interacting with them. Take the time and teach them wrong from right. Don't be so quick to label them as having a disability and do what we can to create a generation of respectful people! Teach ethics before freedom of speech! It is OK say One Nation Under God! The golden rule and 10 comandments should not be brushed under the rug!

A sign is a sign and a rule is a rule! No exceptions! We can't fix it today but tomorrow?
COOKSEND- You are a man among men! Couldn't agree more! AMEN!!!!

fredster

Is that a multi-use trail like haywire or dedicated snowmobile? If dedicated I would have made an effort to contract DNR. It should not have been too hard to follow their tracks....I know your sled was stuck (which really sucks!) but come on! This stuff is getting out of control. DNR might have been willing to do some tracking.

buddah2

Is that a multi-use trail like haywire or dedicated snowmobile?

I'm not certain but even multi-use it is illegal to have 4 wheelers on them between Dec 1st and Apr. 1st (and I'm not positive on the dates without looking them up......but as to usage I am positive)

radsrh

I just looked at the Michigan DNR handbook for ORV's, if it is a multi use trail there is no date restriction for the use of ATV's. so the bottom line is you can ride an ATV on a multi use trail year round, I know this had come up last year also and the same thing was stated.

fredster

There are multi-use trails near Baldwin, MI in the western lower that are multi-use. In a few cases the snowmobile trail runs on these for short distances and I have met quads once or twice while on my sled. But these are clearly marked with bright yellows signs indicating multi-use, etc. I have stayed in the Hiawatha NF several times and ridden haywire and the Big Spring trail and don't recall signs like those.

I must admit the first time I met a quad it was a bit of a surprise, even though it was allowed, and in my case the other guy was being responsible. I'm not sure what I would have done if I would have met one head-on on my side of the trail......

Polarice

Just because a sign says its multi use doesn't mean it is for the entire year. The forest service has an entire book, actually many stating the forest road numbers. I have yet to see a forest road that is open all year for atvs. The trails I've seen for snowmobiles have sections that atvs are not allowed on all year.

Please correct me if I'm wrong by stating the fr number.

polarisrider1

Just because a sign says its multi use doesn't mean it is for the entire year. The forest service has an entire book, actually many stating the forest road numbers. I have yet to see a forest road that is open all year for atvs. The trails I've seen for snowmobiles have sections that atvs are not allowed on all year.

Please correct me if I'm wrong by stating the fr number.
The trails fredster is referring to are http://www.lakecountyorv.com/Where_Can_I_Ride.html north of Baldwin. staging area is closed just south of Club 37. So many park in Club 37 parking lot and shoot across the street to the east. trails to the west allow no ATV's at all. The trails are a combination of Forest roads, logging roads and trails cut into the forest just for the purpose of being a multi use trail. trying to find dates. I think ATV's can run year round east of M37 but not totally sure. I do see atvs in the winter on the east side of M37 but not on the west side.

Last edited: