ACR ResQ any reviews?

tomx

Hopefully no one has ever had to use it but I'm considering this unit, as I like to ride alone during the weekdays.. Any info is appreciated.

whaler

Hopefully no one has ever had to use it but I'm considering this unit, as I like to ride alone during the weekdays.. Any info is appreciated.

I purchased the ACR AquaLink approximately 5 years ago for the same reason, I salmon fish alone frequently as well and the AquaLink floats. Never had to use it but always wear it when on sled or boat regardless if someone is with me or not. Comes with belt clip so as to not be cumbersome. Read many favorable reviews. They will replace it with a new one if you do ever have to use it. Once you register it with NOAA they send you notification every 2 years to re-register it. Once activated COSPAS-SARSAT will call the people you designate, primary and up to 4 alternate in order to verify not false alarm then send help. The website has a "Survivor Club" link on their website to read testimonials. Money well spent I believe and gives both my wife and I peace of mind. That way I can go out more often.