Adams county WI 12-26-07

S

skylar

After seeing ridesafe's pics from yesterday I decided to head out and see what things were like for myself. A LOT better than I thought they would be. I put on 78 miles todau. Trails were awesome.

Stopped here to put the "Slidekickers" ice scratchers down.

62621.jpg

"slidekickers" You can even back up and they won't break.

62622.jpg

Trail through the woods

62623.jpg

Nudder

62624.jpg

Turkeys

62625.jpg

Deer

62626.jpg

My sled

62627.jpg

Scenery

62628.jpg

More trails

62629.jpg

one more

62630.jpg

On the way home I had a momma deer jump out in front of me and scare the living poo out of me! It ran down the trail in front of me as I was sliding along with the break locked up, my bumper was about a foot behind her when she darted to the right and back into the woods. It was a close one!

S

skylar

I was by myself, hard to jump and take the picture at the same time. LOL.
happy.gif

ridesafe

Nice pics Skylar! Trails aren't to bad are they. What bluff is that? I had a couple close calls with the deer too.Not quite as close as you tho! Yikes!!!

Eric

S

skylar

Eric, it is south of Adams, it is in the area where the tornado went through a couple years back. I think the trail is new through that area this year?

landoman

I did a google search for Slidekickers and the only thing i see is a german band.....

Where did you pick them up or who makes them?

doospunk

Skylar - The cable on that slidekicker looks flexible like a bike lock. Any pressure on them? I've seen the spring loaded ice scratchers, but not the ones you have there.

Kris

S

skylar

Hi Kris, yes there is pressure on them, they are heavier than I expected. I ran up and down our street yesterday after I put them on. Our street is plowed, but it is a mixture of hard snow and some ice. The scratchers were scratching the whole time, throwing chips up on the hyfax and up toward the heat exchangers. The reason I told my bro to get these for me was because you can back up with them down, and they won't bend. I know myself pretty well, and I can guarantee that I would have backed up with the regular kind and bent or broke them. I have a bad case of CRS!
happy.gif

Later, Skylar.

doospunk

*L* If your referring to CRS as can't remember s$*^, then yes, it only gets worse! Think of the bright side though! When retired, and alzheimer's sets in, and your kid commits you to the retirement home, each day is a first for everything!

See ya later!