Adams County WI conditions

ryanslyne

Yeah sometimes I really don't understand the thought process when it comes to Adams trails. Seems like some times it boils down to a coin flip on whether or not they are going to open them. We have a cabin in Arkdale and there have been many of times I have gone up pulled the sleds assuming trails would open and never did. Then other times I go up assuming trails would be closed and they are open and look absolutely terrible. Like pure dirt/ mud. But hey they are open! I don't get it, doesn't seem to be any consistency to it unlike other counties.

But regardless the wife and I will be coming to the cabin this weekend to get a few miles on. We have not been very successful at that this year down in Walworth county. She will be out for her first ride this year on her sled! Little behind schedule. At least I got 650 up north miles under my belt. Will report back when I get out.

RS

snowshoe

This pic is near Coloma in western Waushara county. Coloma, Wautoma, Plainfield, Almond was excellent. Plenty of snow and groomers everywhere.

Coloma
2016-02-04 10.28.43.jpg
Kellner
2016-02-04 09.04.07.jpg

Almond
2016-02-05 03.01.53.jpg

ryanslyne

Arrived Friday night rode 90 miles first night north into wood county and north of Rapids and back down to Arkdale. Saturday rode all day Adams county and Juneau county. Juneau seemed much better than Adams. On way back to cabin last night they were pretty beat up. Dirt/ ice in corners lumpy in spots and thin. If traffic is high today with warm temps they will be junk again. A lot of traffic this weekend. 210 miles total for us. Another note stay on damn trail!! Some parts of trail are double width they should be due to idiots going off the trail.

RS

snowshoe

Another note stay on damn trail!! Some parts of trail are double width they should be due to idiots going off the trail.

RS

You ain't kidding Ryan! Seen a few area trail closings on Facebook due to idiots of trail. Twenty foot wide trail with tons of loose snow and they still want to ride off trail.

Snirtdawg

Drooped in Briggsville Saturday moring, rode countrclockwise loop of Adams Co. up and around Coloma and over to Wooden Nickel for lunch in Grand Marsh and eventally looped back down to the truck. 110 miles, 80% good. I thought people appears to be complaint and stayed in or very close to trail markers. Way better than the carnage a few years ago in Dane!

ryanslyne

Arkdale was beat up when I left the cabin Sunday. Not sure if the groomers were able to get it back into shape. They may have gotten a little bit of these snow showers to freshen things back up? Check the Rome Bandits facebook page they usually posts condition updates.

rs

Sno-Bandit Gary

Rode 100 miles today between Arkdale and Bancroft. Trails are mostly flat but very icy. If you ride safe you will be fine but if your a trail racer you will be in trouble. Sure could use some snow on this good base. GG

snowplowman

Thinking of a quick ride on Wednesday, so sounds like a no go? Not a fan of dirt ice and gravel, are they even open? Parked in Oxford a week ago and it was ok, but that was before the warm Sunday.

Many Thanks

jmvette427

snowplowman: my daughter and I rode today , we got 3 inches of fluff which was great for coating the ice and concrete flat trails , but warmup due later this week , trails towards lyndon station were flat and nice, found a trail going towards sauk county beautiful scenic flat and fast ! I will say icy under snow so be careful in corners !

snowplowman

Thanks, not to familiar with the area but dropped in oxford 2 weeks ago it was good, trail sign marking was a little to be desired but hade it back to the truck. Talked to a guy in Portage and he said they are closed so that seems to be the closest open area.

pauli18c

We rode Portage County on Saturday. They were FLAT and fast. They did a really good job grooming them up before everything froze rock solid. Corners were somewhat icy, but that was to be expected. Woods corners were kinda bare, but there's not much they can do.

I would give them a B+ considering what they were dealt with minimal snow!

We unloaded at Smileys Bar and Grill, super nice people and ended up having the Prime Rib dinner special. We probably could have easily unloaded 30 mins further south, looked to be about the same amount of snow on the ground.

They're going to go to trash really quickly with the warm up though, there isn't enough snow to endure the warm weather

starlaker

My husband and I rode from Rapids to Plainfield to Wautoma, Coloma, Richford and back on Sunday the 14th. The trails were flat and most had plenty of snow. 110 miles and smiles. Road trails and some hills and areas exposed to the sun are a little bare but it's snowing in Rapids right now. The husband is taking off tomorrow to ride. Not sure yet which direction he is going but it may be his last chance if we get the rain and warm weather they are predicting. If I were you I would still go.

starlaker

Yep Kellner Knights (all wood county) are closing Friday AM. Better ride Wednesday and getting many notices from other surrounding counties as well. Looks like it's over until we get some more snow.