Ads are out of control

mezz

The amount & repetetivness of the ads that are appearing are out of control. I've removed over 30 from pier nort & as quckly as they are removed there are 10 more to replace them. Somethings not right here.....

hybrid

yep adds are crazy here
other forums like scream and fly and hcs no problems
definitely Google search related
hp Chromebook

jime

I have 4, adobe ads and 1, road track and trail ad on this tread. they are inside and outside of the reply to boxes.
other threads are sometimes way worse, isn't this what makes the world go round. I see no difference from recent days and I run no ad blockers that I know of. Don't get me wrong this I hate ads.

mezz

Exactly, the ads that I am seeing are in areas that typically do not contain ads much less the over abundantly repeated ads. Ads have been overun in the "Latest Post" box as well as within the threads themselves. I can't explain it, they are all over the place & not what I see as your typical purchased ads.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have two ads on this page. One is for toothpaste which is an Adchoices/Google. The other is for Track and Trail, a paid sponsor. I just don't see what you're seeing but will pass this up the food chain.

dfattack

I have two ads on this page. One is for toothpaste which is an Adchoices/Google. The other is for Track and Trail, a paid sponsor. I just don't see what you're seeing but will pass this up the food chain.
I see the same thing as you. Nothing. However there are certain pages that have quite a few as I've mentioned before. Sometimes they are good lookin chics so not so bad ;)

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm told that Google places ads depending on what you've searched for recently. If you like looking at pretty girls, well they're going to show that. Unfortunately, my wife just bought new curtains for the Living room, so I'm inundated with curtain ads. Not one "looker" in the bunch!

mezz

I haven't searched for any of the crap I am seeing & it isn't pretty ladies in bathing suits. It's piers, docks, quonset huts, toilet paper roll under the toilet seat - WTF? Snapfish, etc. etc. etc. None of it what I have searched for. Yes, majority of them are Google Placed with some Adsense & Creto ads, but I have all of that crap turned off. Figure that out.

Last edited:

IMHO49953

Ads Across almost "everything" - try the BRAVE Browser with adblock and fingerprint extensions...
AdGuard AdBlocker 4.3.46
Canvas Fingerprint Defender 0.2.1
and in skipping ads on ad-version of some streaming sites, try:
Streaming enhanced Netflix Disney Prime Video 1.1.7
Automatically skip Ads, Intros, Credits and add Speed Control, etc. on Netflix, Prime video, Disney+, Crunchyroll and HBO max.
works when you stream via PC, not on direct access... but you can "cast" your PC stream to most TVs... or use HDMI cable