Ad's are Taking Over

D

Deleted member 10829

I guess I haven't noticed any more than usual.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
The only type I am trying to get rid of are the ones that block the content and you have to click them to get rid of them. I did fix the ad that was covering the 5-8 day forecast map.

Saber1 is right, it is a very important resource for keeping the site going for free.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a High Tolerance for that sort of thing....

And why is it these women are never in Walmart when I'm there? They're twice her size but wearing the same dress!

Last edited:

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Look closer, if it could turn around “it’s a dude!”. Feel better now?
That actually crossed my mind but I didn't want to go there and it was a perfectly good daydream until heckler56 showed up.

Anyway, I think he or she or whatever is somewhere in the following video. One of those songs that'll be bouncing around in your head for the rest of the day. You're welcome!

heckler56

That actually crossed my mind but I didn't want to go there and it was a perfectly good daydream until heckler56 showed up.

Anyway, I think he or she or whatever is somewhere in the following video. One of those songs that'll be bouncing around in your head for the rest of the day. You're welcome!

Sorry Gary. My career had me trained to look at the opposite view to assess risk hense the nickname Heckler 😁

frnash

The new forum (Discussion Board) is especially nasty on iPad with the message text in a micro/nano-font size and the ads in
Fontus Giganticus.
(All I can do with it on the iPad is to increase/decrease the size of the whole dam thing!)

kip

I don't like to complain but way too many ads for me and the content is just as bad. Sorry John, just being honest. It's super distracting and I'm tired of clicking remove ad and then click again to ask why. In my opinion the ads should pop up on the side which offers zero distraction to surfing and looking at topics. My 2 cents.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that there are too many ads being displayed in the threads. I am trying to figure out how to change that, so be patient!

Also trying to figure out how to add the sponsors that have paid to have an ad in the forum.

-John

kip

Thanks John. Thanks to Slimcake he gave me a app for 10 bucks and the ads are already gone!!! Really wish Slimcake would come back on this site. He's a great guy with a great big heart! It's 10 dollars well spent!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Just a friendly reminder, the ads are what allow the site to exist, so be careful what you wish for! ;)

kip

Understood John, sorry for cheering too loudly. I think the ads are great if they could be banners along side. There's plenty of room for it in my humble opinion.