Adventure Mine Tours

renegade

Anyone do the miners tour? Just curious how difficult it is. How's the rappelling section? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

mrsrunningbear

Lots of our guests take the tours and they all come back saying how cool, interesting and what great people the tour guides are. There are different levels to choose from too.

renegade

Yep that's what I've read too. The miners tour is the name of the highest level tour that requires 80 ft of rope rappelling. Just wondering how that section is. Don't want to scare the heck out of my teenagers. My rappelling experience in from plastic rock walls at amusement parks. So basically nothing.

T

Tracker

they will be fine dude....its you that we will worry about....LMAO....kidding....but listen...you can do repelling at devils lake....there is a zip lineish tour but its rapelling tour at devils lake...do the 100 footer....and walk across the walls for confidence....I have done 300 footers at red river gorge....and what I can tell you is this....that first step is a lulu....its just like hanging out the airplane door....that's the hardest part....is too hang out at 45 degrees over the ledge and then push off and seconds later take rope back to stop you....then swing either side....then run along wall....then lower some more....then run each side...all the way down....do not wear a tshirt or loose shirt as it can become tangled in ya rope and then you gotta pull up with one hand while dislodging the rope and ya shirt....it aint easy at all and will scare the bejesus belt out of you....at top kinda walk over....then lower more and play....here is the web site and its on the way up too

https://www.devilslakeclimbingguides.com/trips/rappelling/

I did this one at red river gorge and at 10 seconds I slept overnite in that cave/hole the guys is at...don't do that....ant lions tore me up all nite long....sunrise was beautiful and spectacular...very dangerous sleeping in there and slippery as he!! even getting in to it....and if you can practice the dangle were there is no cliff behind you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFai3v3YUMU

lofsfire

Did it last summer, well worth it! I didn't do the rappelling tour only because my kids were to young. Both wanted to do it but age wise it did not work out according to their website. It was just my boys and I and a just as we were getting ready to go another guy and his wife ended up on the tour too. As we walked past the rappelling part, the guide said oh they could have done that as long as I signed the waiver. If we would have had more time that day I would have done that too.