Adventure Mountain Ski Hill to Open.

kip

Hey there guys and gals, just want to give you a update. After 3 yrs. of hard work by many volunteers and Lion's members our little Ski Hill in Greenland will open on Friday night after being closed for nearly 30 years! Our team at Pat's donated start up money to get the ball rolling and Portage Health Foundation stepped up from there to help make this a reality for our kids. So, if you're coming snowmobiling and you're looking for something for the kids to do or even yourself, please swing in. It's right on trail #12 between Mass and Greenland. We will have free skiing night skiing from 5 to 9 this Friday (Jan. 22nd) and also free skiing Saturday and Sunday from 11 to 5. Please spread the word. You can also slay ride. The tow rope is brand new and will allow for slays and skiers. We still have a lot of work to do on the chalet but it's all getting there. Thank you!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is awesome! My first sled trip to the area was Dec of 91, made two trips back up there early 92 also. I think it was still open then?

matti

Hey there guys and gals, just want to give you a update. After 3 yrs. of hard work by many volunteers and Lion's members our little Ski Hill in Greenland will open on Friday night after being closed for nearly 30 years! Our team at Pat's donated start up money to get the ball rolling and Portage Health Foundation stepped up from there to help make this a reality for our kids. So, if you're coming snowmobiling and you're looking for something for the kids to do or even yourself, please swing in. It's right on trail #12 between Mass and Greenland. We will have free skiing night skiing from 5 to 9 this Friday (Jan. 22nd) and also free skiing Saturday and Sunday from 11 to 5. Please spread the word. You can also slay ride. The tow rope is brand new and will allow for slays and skiers. We still have a lot of work to do on the chalet but it's all getting there. Thank you!

That's awesome! Congratulations. I'm not sure why, but I find there is something romantic about old ski hills. I wish the hill a ton of success.

nhra1000

Hate to admit ii but I may or may not have been on that hill with a snowmobile....I don't think it was open then though....would have been 93 ish....

Great news that it is opening though! Thanks for helping them get that done!

switch07

That’s good news Kip, any pictures? I remember way back in 1975 I raced on the oval track and did the hill climb race they had there. That was back when you raced what ya brung! Good times and memories. I wish the hill luck, take care!

garageguy

I have some friends that own Paul Bunyon Ski Hill in Lakewood. The hill has been closed since 1995 and they are opening it back up tbis winter. They have put in lots of work I've helped some to as its a great cause.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't skied since 1997 but i will be going down it with the owners for the grand opening.

jakester

Kip, very cool indeed. First time by there for me was 1983. New Indy 600Triple. Touring trip with some great friends. I hope it goes great. Hopefully there will be a trip up this year. I haven't been up since Sandy Krupp left us. Think Snow!!

warner

That's fantastic Kip, I have been watching the progress. I will have to do some sledding without burning gasoline once.
thanks

slimcake

Def a step in the right direction for your neck of the woods Kip!! Well done. I noticed a bunch of vehicles when I went by there I figured something was up. Good work!!