AGM 26R Battery

dfattack

I've been trying to find this battery and haven't had any success. Does anyone know if this battery type and size exist? If so, any idea where I can buy one?

whitedust

Probably only available thru a dealer. You should ask Brian he has access to some things we can’t get. I replaced my AGM thru Rob’s in Johnson Creek, WI. AGMs ain’t cheap that’s for sure.

old abe

Not sure what your application is? I have sourced AGM power sport batteries at Farm & Fleet with excellent success.

pclark

Robs in Johnson Creek has them, my buddy just replaced his in November, if it's for a ski-doo this may be the one you need. FYI

1673057360845.png

dfattack

It’s for my generator up at the lake. The space is tight and was trying to fit it in the space without having to experiment with a different size. 26R is the exact size I’m looking for and I have been unable to find that size in an AGM type battery

chunk06

What brand is the generator? I'm guessing you tried Amazon and Batteries Plus? Im sick of batteries, seems like i'm always buying one

old abe

dfattack there is no AGM battery available in the 26R battery group size, length, width, height. Farm & Fleet, CarQuest, AdvanceAutoParts, and many other sources all have the 26R Lead Acid automotive batteries, but no AGM's. That is the same battery my Kohler 22 KW standby Gen Set uses.

dfattack

that's unfortunate Abe.

I have a 27KW generac protector QS series. I'm going to see if I can squeeze in a optima series 34R or an Odyssey AGM 34R. The odyssey's length is tapered from top to bottom and might fit. Have to check this out next week when I head up. Installer told me it's very tight and didn't think anything other than a 26 series would fit.

Oh well. Thanks for the help.

old abe

that's unfortunate Abe.

I have a 27KW generac protector QS series. I'm going to see if I can squeeze in a optima series 34R or an Odyssey AGM 34R. The odyssey's length is tapered from top to bottom and might fit. Have to check this out next week when I head up. Installer told me it's very tight and didn't think anything other than a 26 series would fit.

Oh well. Thanks for the help.
As it seems most residential/small commercial standby gen sets, of various producers, are using the 26 R group size batteries? Some probably for space restrictions? However the 26 R group batteries pack a good power punch for their physical size. Good luck making something work out!

dfattack

As it seems most residential/small commercial standby gen sets, of various producers, are using the 26 R group size batteries? Some probably for space restrictions? However the 26 R group batteries pack a good power punch for their physical size. Good luck making something work out!
thank you

snobuilder

After 12 years on my Nytro and 11 on the Apex, I am finally in need of a battery in each this year. They both had Yuasa, ones a 14 and the other a 20. I will stick with the Yuasa brand and found both on Amazon.
These batteries are capable of spinning over high performance Yamaha snowmobile engines.....A generator will be childs play....LOL

Last edited:

snomoman

After 12 years on my Nytro and 11 on the Apex, I am finally in need of a battery in each this year. They both had Yuasa, ones a 14 and the other a 20. I will stick with the Yuasa brand and found both on Amazon.
These batteries are capable of spinning over high performance Yamaha snowmobile engines.....A generator will be childs play....LOL
I have a 2015 skidoo ace 900 with the original battery, I thought mine was old but you take the cake on that one, curious what you are doing to prolong the battery life if anything, my battery is on a battery tender in the off seasons and I start it a couple of times every few months

old abe

I have a 2015 skidoo ace 900 with the original battery, I thought mine was old but you take the cake on that one, curious what you are doing to prolong the battery life if anything, my battery is on a battery tender in the off seasons and I start it a couple of times every few months
You are using the same procedure as I am. Mine is a 14 900.

Last edited:

snobuilder

Nothing special. Didn't even give it much thought until they went out. I bought both these sleds when 2 years old and low miles so I highly doubt the previous owners replaced them

I don't leave them on a tender all year either maybe twice a year charge over night in between seasons.

I guess I will blame the longevity on the brand,

On the other hand I put an off brand agm battery in my atv and only got 3.5 years of use.

snomoman

Nothing special. Didn't even give it much thought until they went out. I bought both these sleds when 2 years old and low miles so I highly doubt the previous owners replaced them

I don't leave them on a tender all year either maybe twice a year charge over night in between seasons.

I guess I will blame the longevity on the brand,

On the other hand I put an off brand agm battery in my atv and only got 3.5 years of use.
Thanks for the reply

WorkHardPlayHrd

Got the batteries for our 17 Thundercats off Amazon also.