Airboats in the everglades

mikeh906

Went on my first ride the other day in the Everglades on a twin engine airboat. 502 caddy motors. And I thought sliding around corners on a sled was fun. This is a whole new addiction I can see already. Already started to look for one 3000 to 35,000 is what they sell for. Am looking for a club as I have no clue to this sport. Has anyone here on JD ever owned one? The wife was with and said go for it, if she gets her own. LOL Just like sledding. Trails thru the sawgrass and cattails, alligators, fish, lots of wildlife in general. And the best part is freshwater! We took lots of pics and I will try to get them on later this evening.

ezra

go look at the picks on my page that crazy guy is a bud he lives in the swamps has a bad ars swamp boat supercharged small block.but what is more fun is his swamp buggy those are fun times .btw that gatter ended up in the boat that day they can jump out of the watter he just calmly kicked it out and was laughing. when you go out to play with gatters bring marshmallows they cant resist the whitebait will swim across a whole swamp for marshmallows

mikeh906

Cool pics, the small block chevy sounds like fun. Huge fine for feeding gators. Saw a guy on ebay selling gator hunts, no firearms allowed.

ezra

Cool pics, the small block chevy sounds like fun. Huge fine for feeding gators. Saw a guy on ebay selling gator hunts, no firearms allowed.

yeah like the FL game warden could even think about covering 1/16 of the swamp.those boys go hunting gator after the bar closes on a reg biases.they tell stories like remember when billy was drunk and fell in when trying to lasso that big 13footer.good times when drinking with the red necks.my wife wont go with any more[thank god] when I head down everglade city for the day to party with the boys.some of those boys make a ton of money with the air boat tours.next time you go that way talk with some of the drivers and offer to pay for some private after hr tours off the race track path they run 10hrs a day let them know you will bring the smoke and booze.telling ya some of those boys are crazy

mikeh906

We ran the freeway, then I hooked up with the captain to run in a smaller boat later, like I said, just like a sled trail, boondocking all the way. COOL BEANS all the way. Looked at at 1 today, not enough hp for me. My budjet is growing, X2 cause the wifey will not ride B.... I am sure a stuck is a stuck out in nowhere, been there done that, but not with gators looking on LOL