AirVenture in Oshkosh Day 2

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
We woke up to Rain Showers in this part of Wisconsin this morning, but they should be ending by noon. My only day off this week so I'm playing catchup around the homestead today.

If I had to pick my favorite area of the show, it'd be the Warbirds. I wish I could spend more time there. The modern-day planes are awesome in their size, speed and maneuverability but some of these warbirds are more than 80 years old and they're still flying, the planes of the Greatest Generation.
The following is a video of the restoration of one these relics. An amazing story of where they found it and the process of putting her in the air again.
The video runs about 3 minutes and is safe for the workplace.

wisco-mb

Thanks Gary!
My family attended on Tuesday. I feel kind of bad, but this was my first time attending. 38 years old and have lived within an hour or 2 my whole life. My son gave me some motivation to go!
I came up 44 and just happened to park in the yellow lot around 9:30. That led us right into the kidsventure section. Wow! What a treat for my 5 year old. There were some many different activities for the kids! We did about 10 different activities and he got his free tool set. Which was a very nice gift! We probably could have spent another couple hours there.
We finally went in to the main area around noon. Did a bunch of exploring. I was blown away by the massive air force planes! That was pretty cool to go in and check them out. My boy loved the pedal planes.
Right as the show was beginning a couple rain storms moved through. They did have to postpone the show for about an hour. That was pretty cool show of the warbirds.
My sister did buy us EAA museum tickets, which we never got to. So we will be back! We might just come next year and do the kids venture and museum only. I wouldn't have to go and buy any extra tickets then.
I was blown away by all the volunteers that make that show happen. Thanks to all! Dedicated volunteers make the world go round!

Attachments

• IMG_20240723_113005333.jpg
    IMG_20240723_113005333.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 7-23-1.PNG
    7-23-1.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • 7-23.PNG
    7-23.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 7-23-2.PNG
    7-23-2.PNG