Alger County SORVA Trail Clean Up 10-29 @ 10am

snocrazy

Alger County SORVA trail clean up - brushing

We will be meeting at the groomer building in Wetmore on Prospect St. Behind the North Star Hotel @ 10am.

If you are not from this area and are interested in helping (even with this super short notice)
We can work out having a place to stay. I personally have 3 extra bedrooms.
Plus we can work out discounted rates for a motel room.
SEND ME A PM

Mechanized Brushing is being done all this week. There is a lot to clean up on the trails.
Target areas - (may change based on what we get done before Saturday)
Trail 7 South of Doe Lake Rd. to where the trail merges back with 2259.
Trail 7/8 west going west of the 8 and 7 intersection. This section will be manual brushing with chainsaws etc.
You will need to be a club member to operate saws etc. If you are not interested in becoming a member, we can still use you to pick up and clear the trail. We will have member applications on site... Being a member you are covered by our insurance if any thing should happen while working.

We are also planning to grade the dirt on the trails before the snow falls and ground freezes.
Also taking out trees where it makes sense and removing stumps with excavator.
We honestly have so many projects in the works now. Trail Groomer drag repairs, groomer tractor maint and repairs, trail reroutes (2 of them), mechanized brushing, updating and printing maps, tree and stump removals, wash out repairs, dirt grading, signs for seasonal trails, on and on..... We have been full steam ahead all year.
We had to wait till October due to grant $ come in then. Why we are slamming so much stuff out last minute before snow. We had no $ to get it done in the summer. Just in case you were wondering why we are doing this all now last minute and not over the summer. We did a LOT of manual brushing. That and the building of our temp groomer building were the big projects this summer.

The area was neglected for a long time and we are making it right!

If you can not help us in person, please consider becoming a member. Every $ helps.
www.algersorva.com

buddah2

One minor correction to your post about Trail 7.....it's 2269 it runs back into....

I would love to prove I don't carry grudges and help out Sat. but we have one of my best buds and his bride arriving from Columbus tonight. Since they're only here 'til Monday morning I really can't abandon them. Let me know if there's any further clean up required...

(I tried to keep this in a PM but SOMEBODY hasn't cleaned out their mailbox........)

snocrazy

One minor correction to your post about Trail 7.....it's 2269 it runs back into....

I would love to prove I don't carry grudges and help out Sat. but we have one of my best buds and his bride arriving from Columbus tonight. Since they're only here 'til Monday morning I really can't abandon them. Let me know if there's any further clean up required...

(I tried to keep this in a PM but SOMEBODY hasn't cleaned out their mailbox........)

Trails are out there all year man....

joks79

I wasnt't able to make it yesterday but a couple of my friends went and helped. We went out today and cleared brush. Myself and some friends plan on going next Saturday too help again. I never met any of these guys until today. They seem like a good group of people working to correct things. I am going to do what I can to help them out.

snocrazy

You guys did a lot and let me tell you it is much appreciated. We had 4 guys in the other crew and got a LOT done too! Not going to get in to specifics but let me tell you all will be very happy with the changes we made......Its a mad dash till winter. We are all for winter holding off till the end of November.