Allegan County, Michigan trail closure

Thats very disappointing. One heck of a nice trail system.
But you had to expect landowner/trespassing issues when a couple farms spread manure along and across the trail a few years ago.

polarisrider1

Seams like nobody cares about our trails..not sure what trail number is at this time. I suspect it is in the Yankee Springs area. Lots of neighborhoods.

dawolf

I had a bad feeling about this. I was up there on 3/7 and I didn't personally see anyone trespassing or acting up, but there were tracks everywhere. I saw where one farmer put manure down next to the trail to keep riders inbounds, somewhere between Allegan and Gobles I believe.

Great clubs up there, I'm sorry all their hard work ended this way in 2015. I wish I had the answer.

polarisrider1

Back in the 80'sl that trail ran from South Bend to North of Lowell. The Flat River Club tried very hard to get it connected to the north. I rode that trail starting in 72. Would ride to my future wife's house before I was old enough to drive a car. Today the trail is just a chopped up shell. Back then it was called the West Michigan trail.

Hoosier

Back in the 80'sl that trail ran from South Bend to North of Lowell. The Flat River Club tried very hard to get it connected to the north. I rode that trail starting in 72. Would ride to my future wife's house before I was old enough to drive a car. Today the trail is just a chopped up shell. Back then it was called the West Michigan trail.

That's too bad. My oldest is 6, and I'd love to have a trail system covering those areas to take him for rides.