Another Good ride in the Keweenaw

m8man

Got out today with a couple of friends, Mark and Mezz and had a great time...I have a few shots but a couple of highlights are I stuck my sled in a wet BullRush swamp, we jumped a few creeks(Stachler Creek) and climbed some hills with trees(ask Mezz).. All in all it was a great day and didn't spend a ton of time on the trails..

Here are a couple of shots, we also hit one of the highest points in the Keweenaw too..

m8man

m8man

ahhh, how bout some pic's?

Attachments

• Untouched Pole Line 1-9-10.JPG
    Untouched Pole Line 1-9-10.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 428
  • Stachler Creek 1-9-10.JPG
    Stachler Creek 1-9-10.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 493
  • More Untouched 1-9-10.JPG
    More Untouched 1-9-10.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 430
  • High point 1-9-10.JPG
    High point 1-9-10.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 396

m8man

and of course I had to show some of the Mezz meets tree thing...

m8man

Attachments

• Mezz meets Tree 1-9-10.JPG
    Mezz meets Tree 1-9-10.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 379
  • Close up.JPG
    Close up.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 392
  • What do I do.JPG
    What do I do.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 364

dew69

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. Will be riding da UP next Saturday. This will be one looong week until then!

m8man

I actually just wanted to roll Mezz's sled over but he said it was his winshield not mine...

m8man

mezz

It was a Good Day!

We had a good time, though conditions pictured above, were spotty at best. Yeah, good ole G-man wanted to roll the sled over, which wouldn't have done much but break the windshield, especially with all of the hard wood down hill, in fact, on the ground beneath me. I gave it all I could & had my eyes set on blowing over the top in grand fashion, but the low side washed out on me, all I could do was hang on & hope for the best. Oh well, (here it comes) at least it wasn't one of these....-Mezz

Oh, by the way, Mark & I did find a loop around Stachler creek, That stuff there stinks! Literally.... & if G would have been a bit patient, at that point, he wouldn't have had to bury himself in the bull rush bog. Figures, I was in such a hurry that morning, I forgot "my" camera. There is alway's next time....

Attachments

• 03-08-08 -6.JPG
    03-08-08 -6.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 03-08-08 -5.JPG
    03-08-08 -5.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Don't feel bad Mezz, I've had my fair share of downed trees reach up and grab me on a few climbs... once I got pitched over the handle bars... other times my knees and shins took a beating!

Looks like a great day's ride all in all for you guys though.

Last edited:

m8man

Stachler Hill, Stachler Creek, ahhhh don't know what to type next, thought I was going somewhere with it.. Anyway, if Mezz would have stuck it REAL BAD there we could have called it MEZZ-a-NEEN.

m8man