Another trail closure

ddhanna

It looks like Trail 13 between Eagle River and Three Lakes will be closed this season and beyond. At issue is a property near Bloom Road on the Eagle River side. Loud pipes and trespassing apparently caused issues with horses on their farm. Efforts to reroute were unsuccessful.

This was a very high traffic trail and the loss will really hurt both communities. Somehow we have to police ourselves better.

whitedust

Not good I stayed off that trail but others used it all the time between the 2 towns. No rerouting is possible?

old abe

It looks like Trail 13 between Eagle River and Three Lakes will be closed this season and beyond. At issue is a property near Bloom Road on the Eagle River side. Loud pipes and trespassing apparently caused issues with horses on their farm. Efforts to reroute were unsuccessful.

This was a very high traffic trail and the loss will really hurt both communities. Somehow we have to police ourselves better.
So, and to no ones surprise, loud pipes, and trespassing! Yeah, well, this show will continue, to continue. Sad but so it is.

whitedust

Well we can't police ourselves can't beat the guy up with loud pipes or going off the trail. When they had Tomahawk bike festival there was Police on Harleys everywhere. I have no problem with DNR doing more patrols handing out big fines and impounding sleds.
Well said Harvest been there done that tried to talk to these morons they don’t want to hear it or get extremely pissed off. All that does is ruin my day.

euphoric1

have sled...buy sticker...low snow...no snow...stay on trail signs...private property I can ride wherever and however because I'm entitled to, why??? because I bought a sled, paid for my sticker and the season is short. WHAT A BLANKIN JOKE!!! getting to be too common of a story! Big thank you to the MORONS!!!

hermie

Wow this is the main trail that everyone takes from Eagle River to Three lakes. This is a huge loss for the area and prevents a lot of nice loops you could take. I think I know of the horses that you are talking about. We always stop to admire the horses they are really nice horses. We saw tracks way off the trail last year running along there fence line. Totally disrespectful to the landowner. We probably ride that trail 6 to 7 times last year l. We use it as a nice loop to sugar camp. We will miss it just stinks how society is today and there seems to be no end in sight. We rode over 4000 miles last year and only saw dnr or police twice.

pclark

Way to go all you peeps with your cool loud pipes brapping all over the Northwoods! I don't mind brapping out where only a few can hear but have some respect for people that let you use their property to enjoy your machine and let all of the rest of enjoy ours as well. It's just common sense, right? Oh crap, I forgot, none of that in this day and age anymore.

euphoric1

Well said Harvest been there done that tried to talk to these morons they don’t want to hear it or get extremely pissed off. All that does is ruin my day.
you know what they say...."you cant fix stupid" you're exactly right... "they don't want to hear it"... entitlement these days is no longer just a government program.

hermie

What's hard to believe is the manufacturer of these cans are still making them so loud. Wide open Wisconsin gave away a silencer as one of there giveaways. It was a jaws can and they responded by saying do you want a trail race or rowdy can. Unbelievable that these things are still being made. Talk about biting off the hand that feeds you.

ddhanna

What's hard to believe is the manufacturer of these cans are still making them so loud. Wide open Wisconsin gave away a silencer as one of there giveaways. It was a jaws can and they responded by saying do you want a trail race or rowdy can. Unbelievable that these things are still being made. Talk about biting off the hand that feeds you.
I guess it wouldn't hurt if everybody just boycotted anybody having to do with non-racing cans / pipes. Not only manufacturers but dealers and trail buddies. And if you see your trail buddies trespassing, that could earn a boycott too. Something has to change.

hermie

I guess it wouldn't hurt if everybody just boycotted anybody having to do with non-racing cans / pipes. Not only manufacturers but dealers and trail buddies. And if you see your trail buddies trespassing, that could earn a boycott too. Something has to change.
I agree with you 100 percent something needs to change and change fast. The way it's going the only place you will be able to ride is on lakes and that's if you can get to them. I really don't understand the need for race cans these days but yet they keep manufacturing them. I know some people say out west who cares but there are people out there who own property that don't want to hear that. I have never been out there and would love to go once,but from what I hear sound really travels out there.

hermie

Well it took them a while to post it but there lakes has confirmed the loss of trail 13. They say there may be a few reroutes possible but it would take 3 - 5 years and the building of a bridge.

whitedust

Well it took them a while to post it but there lakes has confirmed the loss of trail 13. They say there may be a few reroutes possible but it would take 3 - 5 years and the building of a bridge.
So that means never so start routing thru Sugar Camp. 🤷‍♂️

hermie

They do not talk about the reroutes and how it would work but obviously we're crossing the little creek that runs through there. They got to build a bridge. We rode our bikes through there this summer and there are two bridges crossing the small creek/river. Whatever you want to call it so I'm guessing they are planning on trying to cross that. And yes, in order to get from Three lakes to Eagle River, you will have to go into sugar camp and take the long way. This will put a lot more sleds on the trails in sugar camp. Always hurts to lose trails but this one really hurts. Waiting to see where they shut it down at. Snow eagles are still not say much about it