Antigo/Langlade County updated anyone?

wiharley02

Possibly looking to trailer up to Antigo this weekend 1/18/2020 for a day trip/loop. Any condition reports? Thanks!

I rode up there 2 weekends ago and will be going again this Friday. Buddies rode last weekend. Some trails/areas are still closed due to storms and not being froze solid. That said, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
I'm not sure what the person's handle or name was, but they used to post here routinely about this area. I believe he might have been located in White Lake. Haven't seen a post this season yet. Hopefully, he's doing ok. There also used to be a website called Langladesnow.org, which is no longer up and running. It's too bad, because that's where I went automatically for trail conditions in this area.

Last edited:

bubbalaris

I rode up there 2 weekends ago and will be going again this Friday. Buddies rode last weekend. Some trails/areas are still closed due to storms and not being froze solid. That said, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
I'm not sure what the person's handle or name was, but they used to post here routinely about this area. I believe he might have been located in White Lake. Haven't seen a post this season yet. Hopefully, he's doing ok. There also used to be a website called Langladesnow.org, which is no longer up and running. It's too bad, because that's where I went automatically for trail conditions in this area.

Sorry to hear that he passed away

Sorry to hear that he passed away

Sorry to hear that as well. I did enjoy his reports. Unfortunately, that's the 2nd person in that area that I have heard about lately that has passed away. The other (friend and family member of a friend) was on Monday, which was the result of a snowmobiling accident. :frown:

I think that was Dave Peterson. https://antigotimes.com/2019/08/26/david-george-peterson-79/
Sorry to hear about the passing.

I'll be in the area riding in 2 weeks.

Yup, that must be him. The website usually mentioned the ski hill and what he was doing around there. The obit really tells a lot and sounds like he was a super guy. Seems to have done quite a bit for the sport of snowmobiling (and others.) RIP Dave.

Sorry to hijack the conditions part of the thread. If anyone ever wants any reports on this area, feel free to post or pm me as well. I do have friends and friend's family that live in the area and try to get real input from them. One grooms for one of the local clubs as well.

sshooterz

Was up in the area this past weekend. Trails need a little bit of snow but overall a lot of good riding to be had. I think they just got 2" on Sunday night as well.

srt20

Sorry to hear that as well. I did enjoy his reports. Unfortunately, that's the 2nd person in that area that I have heard about lately that has passed away. The other (friend and family member of a friend) was on Monday, which was the result of a snowmobiling accident. :frown:

Dave was 90s on here. He did run Langladesnow and Kettlebowl.

Bird was also a good guy and will be missed.

Matdawg

I live in NW Langlade county. The trails in the area are in great shape! Snow is a little thin on the big fields by Antigo but still rideable for sure. Just north of town they great! There are a few closers due to logging but nothing major. Have a great ride!