Any computer guys there?

miaferominka

My bookmarks all went away and when I click on the bookmark icon the add bookamrk is a light grey color and none can be added. iam running widowsXp.

any help would be great.

Sam

latner

just run the system restore, that'll return it to the way it was before you downloaded ie8 and then maybe you can figure out why you lost your bookmarks.

lvr1000

My bookmarks all went away and when I click on the bookmark icon the add bookamrk is a light grey color and none can be added. iam running widowsXp.

any help would be great.

Sam

I got the same problem, same dsl. same xp, and same 7.0, Maybe problem with them??

Paul

Board Admin
If two seperate people have the same problem it could be the custom install for yahoo. You can try installing IE8 directly from Microsoft, after running system restore to restore your computer to the previous state.

srobak

Contact your internet providor, tell them what happened. As it appears to be a problem based from the installer of their packaging of the browser - then hopefully they have a fix for it that restores bookmarks.

If not, and if system restore is disabled or not working... you might SOL. I never go with providor software packages... only straight from the mfg.

Oh - and use Firefox. :)

crzy4snow

Same problem here. Didnt do anything to change it no downloads the bookmarks just disapeared. Same provider and XP,

anonomoose

How do I uninstall IE8?
On Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 Platforms:
  • Open the Windows Control Panel and click Add or Remove Programs
  • Select Windows Internet Explorer 8 (Beta 1?) and click Remove
  • Your computer will be reverted to IE6 + previous IE6 security updates or IE7 + previous IE7 security updates
  • You can confirm that by going to Tools->Help About next time you launch IE
  • Be sure to check for any new security updates