Any good movies out there?

pclark

Fairly disappointed in movies on streaming apps lately. Antone have a good one that they can recommend?

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good Movies? That's funny. Most of what I see advertised is targeted for 13 year olds , Super Heroes, Robots, and Dinosaurs for the most part. The one I would recommend we actually went to a theater last summer to see was the sequel to Top Gun, Maverick.

I think it's streaming on Paramount right now.

euphoric1

Knock at the cabin..... serious disappointment! love all his other movies but was shocked at the push of wokeness on us, I was disappointed from the beginning, watched it but never expected what the main characters were and added wokeness being pushed on us, never expected it from him.

dfattack

Top gun maverick great movie
Currently nothing movie wise

Like the series “your honor” with Brian Cranston

euphoric1

Ford vs Ferrari... GOOD! , Old....GOOD! (but you have to watch from beginning to end, can't miss any of it) the ending is crazy! Pooh Blood & Honey (don't waste your time... TERRIBLE!)

whitedust

Try weekly series Accused on Local Fox station very well written. Must be 6 or 7 of them by now some episodes remind me of Twilight Zone. Not a Soap all completely different. Who knew would be so good?!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
One other I thought of, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan series which is available on Amazon Prime. It stars John Krasinski from the Office who does an amazing job segueing from comedy to a Spy Thriller.

heckler56

My wife and I will look over movies without finding anything. Generally waste 45 minutes of life that we will never get back. Once we give up we put on a recorded episode of ”Who’es line is it anyway”.

Love Jack Ryan but sooooo long between “seasons. Sadly we binge a new season in a couple days for lack of options. A couple other binge able tv shows are Bosch and In Plain Site.

timo

My wife and I will look over movies without finding anything. Generally waste 45 minutes of life that we will never get back. Once we give up we put on a recorded episode of ”Who’es line is it anyway”.

Love Jack Ryan but sooooo long between “seasons. Sadly we binge a new season in a couple days for lack of options. A couple other binge able tv shows are Bosch and In Plain Site.
no doubt,, i will spend an hour going thru,, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple Tv, HBO Max, Paramount,, only to find nothing of interest.
The Netflix movies are the absolute worst,,, and I refuse to watch anymore voice over movies where the characters speaking don't jive with words they're saying. I pretty much just surf for documentaries now.

heckler56

no doubt,, i will spend an hour going thru,, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple Tv, HBO Max, Paramount,, only to find nothing of interest.
The Netflix movies are the absolute worst,,, and I refuse to watch anymore voice over movies where the characters speaking don't jive with words they're saying. I pretty much just surf for documentaries now.
I finally gave up the other evening and went with the The Hustle with Hathaway and Wilson. Bad. Next night I choose Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (I figure a old classic). Immediately realized The Hustle was a female version. How didn’t we catch that the night before, because it was so mind numbing we couldn’t even turn it off. Continuing on with Dirty Rotten And We Found Ourselves Entertained by Caine & Martin, something completely missing from The Hustle.

Hate to say it, but like music, hollywood just puts out awful product. The last best movie was Ford vs Ferrari! It may not follow the true story but is entertaining and captivating. Christian Bales portrayal of Ken Mills should have won him whatever it is hollywood pats themselves on the back with.…

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just had a thought. As I was growing up in rural Wisconsin we had three channels. Just the three networks but there was always something good on one of the three. Today, hundreds of channels and like you guys, I'll spend way too much time just searching for something, anything.

As Heckler said, Hollywood puts out some terrible product these days and the retro channels are looking better and better all the time.

BigSix

Couple of suggestions:
Leap Year. Kind of a chick flick but not too bad. Suggest watching it with your significant other and you may get a weekend of sledding out of it!
Wife and I are hooked on Friday Night Lights. This is an old (15 years) series but still good. Streaming on Netflix.
Top Gun is awesome.
The Watcher on Netflix is good.
All Quiet on the Western Front is excellent but not if you have PTSD of any kind. Makes you realize what the soldiers went through in WW1.
I'm not a big movie guy so I watch a lot of YouTube with the 15 - 40 minute long stuff. Try Destination Adventure by Dustin Porter. I like commercial aircraft stuff so I watch Coby Explanes. I also like cold start diesel stuff.

timo

Couple of suggestions:
Leap Year. Kind of a chick flick but not too bad. Suggest watching it with your significant other and you may get a weekend of sledding out of it!
Wife and I are hooked on Friday Night Lights. This is an old (15 years) series but still good. Streaming on Netflix.
Top Gun is awesome.
The Watcher on Netflix is good.
All Quiet on the Western Front is excellent but not if you have PTSD of any kind. Makes you realize what the soldiers went through in WW1.
I'm not a big movie guy so I watch a lot of YouTube with the 15 - 40 minute long stuff. Try Destination Adventure by Dustin Porter. I like commercial aircraft stuff so I watch Coby Explanes. I also like cold start diesel stuff.
Yes too All Quiet on The Western Front. Ranks right up there with Saving Private Ryan.

snomoman

Has anyone seen the second avatar movie? Curious if it’s worth it or not, the first one was decent in my opinion, maybe a little overloaded on the computer enhancement effects but quite the show

Last edited:

euphoric1

Has anyone seen the second avatar movie? Curious if it’s worth it or not
I did, I liked the first one but missed it on the ultra screen, this time wasn't going to happen, visually STUNNING and like the story just much as the underlying one in the first one. IMO a must see if not just for the visual aspect