Any new trail/grooming reports as of the 23rd for the Gogebic area?

goofy600

If on trail 2 between Watersmeet and Marenisco look for the sign marking trail to stagecoach road if there is snow you can run the road to the bottom of the lake then go west on the road at the bottom of the lake until you get to the bridge then jump on the lake going north. You will be on the west side of the lake about 3 miles south of gobegic lodge.

Tim in Indiana

I believe it is "closed"

did 100 have a turn off onto the south side of the lake or did you have to get creative with a road or 2.

anything to get away from 1s

The club is calling it closed but it was not on Saturday evening. We ran it from 13 to the bridge at the bottom of the lake. It is not being maintained and hasn't seen a groomer but it is open. No barricades or closed gates.

Part of it is a single sled track though.

Also I ran 1 south from 2 to Presque Isle around 7:00 on Tuesday night. It was freshly groomed and we met the grooming coming back close to the state line. The trail was great and we were the first tracks on most of it.

With the number of sleds coming through Presque Isle heading north it is never going to hold up long. Trail 1 north needs groomed daily on the weekends, maybe twice a day. Not sure how the schedule is and if they can devote the time to do this though. It gets beat down quickly.

Also on Tuesday I saw the groomer north of Bergland running 8. It was nice. Ran 102 from the porkies and it didn't look like it had seen a groomer in a couple days. 13 north was great.

craigrev

Trail 1 south of 2 towards WI not groomed. Trail 2 west of trail 1 intersection not groomed. Moguls .Was headed towards Marenisco and turned around about a mile in. Took 1 south to Presque Isle. Very rough, but passable.

skidoo_derue

Looking for current info on grooming and conditions for trails 1,2,13, 100 and 11S. Thanks. I am at my cottage in Boulder and will ride until Sat so check back for updates for Vilas co.
Rode thru gogebic area this past weekend and remembered why I haven’t been there for so long .

gogebictodd

I was up on Gogebic last Thursday & Friday rode 1,8, 102 and the trails where in great shape. With the Warm up Friday and many additional sleds in town, the trails overall where still in good shape IMO.

1 and 8 near Bergland where in the best shape I have seen in years.

old abe

I was up on Gogebic last Thursday & Friday rode 1,8, 102 and the trails where in great shape. With the Warm up Friday and many additional sleds in town, the trails overall where still in good shape IMO.

1 and 8 near Bergland where in the best shape I have seen in years.

Well??? Perhaps, maybe???