Any News On Trail 15 Bridge Repair Outside Iron River MI?

whitedust

Anybody know anything about the closed bridge which blocks access to Sidnaw and Amasa from north and south of Trail 2 and 8. That’s over 50 miles of trail that hasn’t seen a groomer since last season. We left messages with Iron Range Club and no response. Any reapair in progress or total season closure?????

goofy600

Pete I just sent a text to my dnr contact to see if he has any information so I will post if I hear anything.

goofy600

DNR just responded back saying they are waiting on a permit and plan to open still. That is the best I can do for now.

whitedust

DNR just responded back saying they are waiting on a permit and plan to open still. That is the best I can do for now.
Thanks so much Jim looks like won’t be open for us. I feel so bad for Amasa not exactly a thriving winter community without snowmobiling hopefully the Rusty Saw Blade survives. 🤷‍♂️

goofy600

Ya I agree, we have friends that have a place just outside Republic and wife wanted to go that way but had to tell her it’s a no go for now. Because of the bridge out the north half to that split isn’t being groomed I believe but could be wrong on that.

whitedust

Ya I agree, we have friends that have a place just outside Republic and wife wanted to go that way but had to tell her it’s a no go for now. Because of the bridge out the north half to that split isn’t being groomed I believe but could be wrong on that.
If your game Amasa is open from Crystal Falls hopefully to 18 junction but no way to know where the groom stops in Amasa. Sucks!