Any Old / Vintage Action Photo's?

Goose

IMG 150_0002_NEW.jpg Here is an awesome picture of my Dad launching off a hard pile of snow at the end of the driveway! The photo was taken in Southern Illinois 40 miles south of I70 in February of 1979, 33 years ago! Sled is a 1972 Ski Doo Olympic 335 with leaf spring front suspension and bogie wheel rear suspension! Wish we had a photo of him landing this jump!

ezra

nice pick I rally need to get a scanner hooked up and start putting the Polaroids on disk

skiroule

Great photo! That was considered a launch back then. I think there's a lot of us out there sitting on old photos but just can't seem to find the time to get them in digital format.

Action photos seem a little more rare. Under the hood photos...not so rare. In general, old sled photos are a little harder to come by. That flash powder was much harder to light in the winter :)

I think I posted these last year but since you asked.

Attachments

• Drift_Bust_II.jpg
    Drift_Bust_II.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 75
D

Deleted member 10829

Great photo! That was considered a launch back then. I think there's a lot of us out there sitting on old photos but just can't seem to find the time to get them in digital format.

If nothing else, just scan them under "picture quality" and then save them to your hard drive. They aren't perfect, but if you set up the right resolution, color etc. they are ok.

skiroule

If nothing else, just scan them under "picture quality" and then save them to your hard drive. They aren't perfect, but if you set up the right resolution, color etc. they are ok.

Thanks for the info mspease. I do have some I need to scan. I'm also lucky in that I took a lot of photos as slides, which seem to hold up better and convert to digital pretty well. You can get equipment for home use but unless you spend a lot of money I think the quality suffers a little. I went to an outfit down here that did a really nice job. Spendy, but I think it's probably worth it for photos that capture a piece of one's history - including sledding history. This photo is just shy of 40 years old and you can see the frost on the hoods.

Attachments

• The_Lineup_II.jpg
    The_Lineup_II.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 56

lvr1000

Hmm, I should see if I can find the one of a hole in the ice with my '79 SRX sitting in 4 foot of water, but not much of an "action" shot.

Last edited:

79_srx

I bought my 79srx from a guy in Roselle IL 10 years ago ..... hmmmm i would like to see that one,it is a very clean one!
Hmm, I should see if I can find the one of a hole in the ice with my '79 SRX sitting in 4 foot of water, but not much of an "action" shot.