Any Polaris IQ Touring owners here?

slotour

Any comments on the 2011 and newer sleds, FST or CFI. Looking for info on reliabilty. My wife has arthritis and does not find a wide seat comfortable. The Polaris Touring seat is longer and narrower than most. I have heard many horror stories, especially the FST. Does Polaris have the problems solved? Polaris files has much negative info on the FST. Is this a small group having problems or is it reality?

agriffinjd

We had a 2009 600 IQ Touring and it was great. Very comfortable ride, though the gizmo that adjusts the backrest uses a toothy dial to keep it in place, and you have to make sure you crank it tight or it can slip while riding. Never had the FST motor but have also heard it isn't a good 4stroke. I saw another post somewhere on this site mentioning the Yamaha Venture Lite having a narrower seat too, though you'll have an engine that is lower horse power (but arguably more reliable) than the FST.

zozo2

Have been riding IQ FST's since 2007 (had a 2008, 2009, 2010, and now a 2014 that will get its first trip on a 3-day ride starting Wednesday), I am sticking with this sled, really like the features, don't hardly need the turbo though because we rarely go over about 60 mph, real good gas mileage, had over 16,000 miles on the 2009 and over 5,000 miles on the 2010 when I traded both last spring for the 2014. Have had a few problems, but they were taken care of, and I really like the comfort and large size of these sleds. My 2002 Polaris 4-stroke Frontier sled did develop an engine problem at about 14-15,000 miles, never could get it totally fixed, had 16,652 miles on the speedometer when I finally replaced the engine with a 1984 Polaris 440 2-cycle fan-cooled out of an older parts sled that I had, works great now as a back-up sled. I like the IQ FST/LXT's and will probably stick with them as long as Polaris keeps making them--definitely a thumbs up for 4-stroke engines, IMO.

Last edited: