any tricks for edge Suspension

sean34590577

Suspension broke last night up by the front shock on 1 side. Going to have welded in the a.m. Any tricks to take the suspension out and in? Thanks for all your help! Love the info. you get on here! Thanks John D.

Dave_B

No real tricks. Use a sharpie and mark the rear track wheel adjustment bolts before you loosen them up. Take out the rest of the bolts holding the skid in and slide it out. Not sure exactly where it's broke or how to fix it but, once that is done, put it back in. It gets a little tricky lining everything up but it's not that hard. Having two people makes it alot easier.

While it's out, after it's fixed, change the hyfax, grease it up and check all your bogie wheels, other loose or broken parts, etc.

indy_500

Use a sharpie and mark the rear track wheel adjustment bolts before you loosen them up

I wouldn't, i'd reset the track tension. 16" from the rear wheel, i like 3/4" sag I've tried it all from 1/2" (which is 1" with a 10 lb weight on the track, what the factory recommends) all the way up to 1.5" sag and i prefer 3/4".

Nothing hard about it. Loosen tension on the rear bolts (like dave b said) loosen tension on torsion springs. Unbolt the rear 2 first, then the front 2, pull er out. It helps to have a chain hoist or it works to tip on the side but i prefer chain hoist.

dschultz

I wouldn't, i'd reset the track tension. 16" from the rear wheel, i like 3/4" sag I've tried it all from 1/2" (which is 1" with a 10 lb weight on the track, what the factory recommends) all the way up to 1.5" sag and i prefer 3/4".

Nothing hard about it. Loosen tension on the rear bolts (like dave b said) loosen tension on torsion springs. Unbolt the rear 2 first, then the front 2, pull er out. It helps to have a chain hoist or it works to tip on the side but i prefer chain hoist.

Yup what indy said, but first what I always do is loosen your adjusters way up, loosen your axle and slide it forward as far as you can so it gives you more room. That also makes install way easier. Also when reinstalling get your front two bolts in and when doing the rear put your torsion springs straight down and lower your sled into place, it usually puts you very close to where it goes. But also keep in mind this tip only works with a chain hoist.