Anyone been on 109 yet?

tomx

We'll be up there in a week and just wondering if it's any good south of the Superior Club grooming turnaround by the powerlines.

dusty17

Was up there the 26th-29th. We did a loop trail 13 out of Greenland around to twin lakes then to 109 towards alston and rousseau bar. trail was great until the powerlines/groomer turn around then basically a goat trail til we reached trail 8/15. Single path, rough, trees down.

old abe

Was up there the 26th-29th. We did a loop trail 13 out of Greenland around to twin lakes then to 109 towards alston and rousseau bar. trail was great until the powerlines/groomer turn around then basically a goat trail til we reached trail 8/15. Single path, rough, trees down.

Even after conditions get good, they (B/L) will stop grooming at Alston. DNR needs to get on Baraga/Lanse about this, and correct the issue. Yes it a rough area, but it's do able. Imo, B/L would like to dump this portion of trail onto the Superior club, but don't want to lose the funds. It can be a brutal 6 miles. As I say, call the Baraga/Lanse tourism council.

scottiking

Rode 109 but only 5-6 miles on Sat- was pretty good! Wasn’t groomed since about a foot of new snow on it!
i rarely ride too far towards Baraga tho-
there was quite a bit of traffic in the area for the holiday week so trails got pretty bumpy mostly on 3! Trail 13 was pretty good for 10 miles or so that I rode!
We never saw any wet spots but it was butt cold out! I’m sure this week after the groomers it would be in great shape!
i took a couple videos with the helmet cam and will try to post next time I’m on the laptop!
Scottiking OUT