anyone doing an off trail guide service?

oatie

Years ago our snowmobile club hired a guide through John Dee and it worked out very well. He took us off trail to some places that we never would have found on our own. Is there anyone up there doing that today? Looking at a few days in February. Thanks, Wayland Snowmobile club Wayland MI

snomoman

This thread reminds me of a story that I will share with you, we were having our Vmax worked on at the Yamaha shop there in Houghton and while waiting we met a fellow named “big Jim” who wanted to give us an off trail tour and we thought about it a little bit and we decided not to because we had visions of a modern day “deliverance movie scene” happening to us LOL

Last edited:
If you want to ride north of the bridge, Jerry Ball is the man. You won't be disappointed. Long Tracks Required. 906-370-sixfivefivethree

mezz

Vic, not knocking your recommendation, I have to stand by Matt, he is from this side of the bridge & I have had the privilege of knowing him as well as riding with, bottom line, you can't go wrong with either, but, my recommendation would be KSE, I don't think John would disagree. Just my .02. -Mezz

two_tone

Have to agree with Mezz, hired him twice. Did a great job of adjusting to our groups experience levels. He took us places we would never have went without him, and you are not trespassing anywhere he takes you,

ezra

If you want to ride north of the bridge, Jerry Ball is the man. You won't be disappointed. Long Tracks Required. 906-370-sixfivefivethree

Jerry is a great rider and knows every nook up there . went out with him the first time prob 20 yrs ago now

pinestump

Years ago our snowmobile club hired a guide through John Dee and it worked out very well. He took us off trail to some places that we never would have found on our own. Is there anyone up there doing that today? Looking at a few days in February. Thanks, Wayland Snowmobile club Wayland MI

I do not anymore or advertise but since u are from the Wayland area and u must know Bruce B. ...You can PM for some info if u wish..Yep we hired KS snow tours on JD back in the late 90ties to guide off trail when we lived down state and it changed me from man made trails..