anyone have an update on grooming 102 and the gogebic area this year?

towtruck

my hat is off to all groomers esp volunteers- so that is not where I am going-

we were riding this area mid march last season-(usually we ride more north) -
I was very surprised the area didn't seemed to be groomed at all-
I think we rode 10 miles of deep hard moguls north on 102 before giving up but then we had to turn around!
their was plenty of snow so I don't think that was the problem - the locals confirmed the area was not getting groomed but did not know why- that season is gone -just wondering if we should skip that area this season and stay north-
thanks for any input

favoritos

There was a secondary reroute on that trail. We did not see any signs at the old intersection indicating the new trail. I believe it was rerouted on FS 230 at the South end. Signage was vague either way.

old abe

They, as the Gogebic group have been go to improve trail conditions for some time now. Suppose to regroup again this season. We will see how it goes??? Bruce Crossing/Sidnaw group did so, and it appears the Munising people are doing the same. We had also quit going to those places to ride, as we have the Gogebic area. These places will reap the rewards quickly!!! Talk travels fast. Bergland/Gogebic group will have to prove they mean, and will do as they say they will. We'll wait and see how they do. The others proved it can be done!!!

POLARISDAN

they, as the gogebic group have been go to improve trail conditions for some time now. Suppose to regroup again this season. We will see how it goes??? Bruce crossing/sidnaw group did so, and it appears the munising people are doing the same. We had also quit going to those places to ride, as we have the gogebic area. These places will reap the rewards quickly!!! Talk travels fast. Bergland/gogebic group will have to prove they mean, and will do as they say they will. We'll wait and see how they do. The others proved it can be done!!!

sidnaw was great last year..as soon as you crossed over trails were excellent

Tim in Indiana

Have to agree, Sidnaw was great both times I was there. Gogebic, not so good. But then again it was not the best of years for snowfall in that area.