Anyone have experience with SxS in Phoenix?

snoluver1

Headed to Phoenix for a quick weekend trip next weekend. Thinking of renting a SxS for 1 day and playing in the dirt. I have 0 knowledge of the area. We're staying on the far north end of Phoenix. Can anyone point me in the right direction, fun riding area, musts sees, etc?

Thanks!

nc666

SxS rental

Headed to Phoenix for a quick weekend trip next weekend. Thinking of renting a SxS for 1 day and playing in the dirt. I have 0 knowledge of the area. We're staying on the far north end of Phoenix. Can anyone point me in the right direction, fun riding area, musts sees, etc?

Thanks!
Go to Arizona Outdoor Fun in Black Canyon City AZ. Its about 45 minutes north of Phoenix. Lots of fun riding there and they are treat you really good. They can even pick you up at your motel. Went there 2 years ago going back again in MAY. Watch out for rattlers and scorpians.

1fujifilm

Go to Arizona Outdoor Fun in Black Canyon City AZ. Its about 45 minutes north of Phoenix. Lots of fun riding there and they are treat you really good. They can even pick you up at your motel. Went there 2 years ago going back again in MAY. Watch out for rattlers and scorpians.

I am still mentally in snow mode, when he said Phoenix I thought "Keeweenaw".

Bear

UP RIDER

We trailered quads out west a few years ago, we rode in NM,AZ,CA,NEV. We basically would just find a spot that looked good and the way we went. It is pretty much all BLM land out there. There is a lot of cool stuff to see. We tried to buy trail permits in each state but the only one we were able to was CA
The only LEO we ran into was a BLM Cop in Nevada and the only thing he was interested in was checking our quads for spark arrestors.

old abe

We trailered quads out west a few years ago, we rode in NM,AZ,CA,NEV. We basically would just find a spot that looked good and the way we went. It is pretty much all BLM land out there. There is a lot of cool stuff to see. We tried to buy trail permits in each state but the only one we were able to was CA
The only LEO we ran into was a BLM Cop in Nevada and the only thing he was interested in was checking our quads for spark arrestors.

He had a good reason for that, brush fires get big, and out of control very fast. And hard regain control, stop, and extinguish.

nhra1000

We've been out there for bike week several times and rented SxS's several times....I've actually used AOF and they are good people....it is pricey though so just be aware of that. Arizona bike week is next weekend if your looking for something else to do!

1fujifilm

Thanks!

Here's an option, my Wife and I have been renting a Jeep Wrangler at the airport from Fox (or others) and go mountain off-roading. A different type of fun from what we have in WI but still exhilarating and cheap. You have to rent a car anyway, why not get the Jeep and go off-road.
https://www.valleychevy.com/top-15-off-roading-trails-near-phoenix/

Plus, no getting dirty and the jeep is already licensed.

Bear

chords

Cant help w the s x s. Don't remember the name and regret not going my last trip, but there is a 4 **** music / guitar hall of fame NE of Phoenix where the 101 loops around heading south towards Scottsdale. Though I did take a drive out and around Pleasant Lake Recreation area. Huge boating lake and nutin but cactus for miles around.

frnash

Cant help w the s x s. Don't remember the name and regret not going my last trip, but there is a 4 **** music / guitar hall of fame NE of Phoenix where the 101 loops around heading south towards Scottsdale. Though I did take a drive out and around Pleasant Lake Recreation area. Huge boating lake and nutin but cactus for miles around.
Perhaps you're thinking of the (click →) Musical Instrument Museum?
4725 E. Mayo Blvd.,
Phoenix, AZ 85050
480-478-6000
Open daily 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

MIM map.JPG
(Click thumbnail for larger image.)

frnash

Anyone for some back roads? That Jeep, or maybe a 4-wheeler?
(Could be some serious flooding in and around any of these places with the spring runoff.)

Sunset Point to Crown King in the Bradshaw Mountains.
(click →)Tony Beets of Gold Rush has been seen here in the summer.
Sunset Point to Crown King.JPG

And just up the road (I-17) a ways:
Bloody Basin to Sheep Crossing.
Some one-lane mountain roads tight turns, granite wall on one side, steep drop on the other.
Not a fun place to meet someone heading in the opposite direction!
Bloody Basin to Sheep Bridge.JPG

Carefree to Humbolt Mountain, Seven Springs, Sheep Crossing.
Carefree to Humbolt Mountain, Seven Springs, Sheep Crossing.JPG

frnash

Apache Trail

How about an easier trip? Something for a novice?

(Hey, it's a state highway, SR-88, though largely unpaved beyond Tortilla Flat; also very narrow with tight switchbacks and a one-lane bridge at Fish Creek. It can be a hairy trip for a city slicker in a sedan! No, your 40 foot RV/motor home/land yacht won't cut it!)

Along the Apache Trail from Apache Junction, AZ to Tortilla Flat, to Roosevelt Dam.
Apache Trail, From Apache Junction to Tortilla Flat to Roosevelt Dam.JPG

The scene along much of this route is awash in desert wildflowers in the spring.

Last edited: