Anyone have this trailer? Bearcat ET12

skeedoo

A buddy of mine called me and said his father in law was selling a sled trailer and asked if I was interested. I told him I just ordered a new one but asked whats the guy has and how much does he want. He told me it was a Bearcat ET12 and I wasn't exactly sure what it was but only thing I cared was would it fit a 154" sled (which my new one is 131" total length), answer was yes. I went and looked at it and it has been stored inside since new was only used 0-3 times total/ year, has the torflex axle and by my measurements would fit 2 154" sleds side by side with plenty of room to spare. Basically I stole the thing and now have 2 trailers to choose from when its time to go sledding. Came with a brand new spare also and they are the bigger 20.5" tires.

Question is anyone have this trailer? Do you like it? It seems to pull nice at 80 m.p.h and also fits my ATV in it well (will hold 2 easily).

Attachments

• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 145

snowdance

I have this exact trailer and love it except for gas mileage towing it. It tows nice, but I think the wedge on the front catches air making it not very aerodynamic. I am having a buddy that does metal work fabricate something to eliminate the wedge and make it more like a v-nose. I dont understand why they design it that way. A buddy of mine pulling this trailer says he gets the same gas mileage as towing his 7000 LB boat. Nice trailer otherwise.

whitedust

Had a Bear Cat & worst trailer I ever had axle bolts kept breaking. Bear Cat makes great enclosues but trailers not so good in my experience. Drunk driver hit my Bear Cat trailer & wrecked it so was a blessing in disguse to get rid of that thing but buddy who bought it & repaired it also had axle bolts breaking. He finally replaced axle bolts with aftermarket harden steel bolts not Bear Cat bolts & problem went away. So Bear Cat trailers NOT good for me.

cuzzinolaf

I have the same trailer too. I think it is great but am trying to sell mine (in the classifieds) to get my friend's trailer that is just a drive on with a back door that doubles as a ramp. I got 15mpg towing it home right after the trail clean up... but I also drive a diesel and can't speak for the gassers.

Bradzoo

I have a Bearcat 4 place that I been pulling for 10 years with no problems what so ever, replaced the bearings and brakes twice and put a new set of tires and wheels on last season, and a new jack for this season other than that no issues

jim_golding

I have a Bear cat ET-22 4 place trailer. I bought it new about 4-5 years ago for $6K. It has been a great trailer, very easy to load and unload. The only problem I had was one of the brake lining on the drums come lose. I replaced all the brake shoes that summer. It pulls very easy.

skeedoo

Had a Bear Cat & worst trailer I ever had axle bolts kept breaking. Bear Cat makes great enclosues but trailers not so good in my experience. Drunk driver hit my Bear Cat trailer & wrecked it so was a blessing in disguse to get rid of that thing but buddy who bought it & repaired it also had axle bolts breaking. He finally replaced axle bolts with aftermarket harden steel bolts not Bear Cat bolts & problem went away. So Bear Cat trailers NOT good for me.

Hey Whitedust, Thanks for the heads up on the bolts breaking. I decided to replace both whole hub assembly's so I won't have any issues with bolts breaking, bearing failure or any of that stuff. Although it is not a Bearcat issue because the axle is made by Dexter Axle Company which are a good axle's. Anyway I figure better to be safe then sorry. Also got the heavier duty 8 ply tires so I should be better off there to. Should be a good trailer, hopefully no issues...

whitedust

Hey Whitedust, Thanks for the heads up on the bolts breaking. I decided to replace both whole hub assembly's so I won't have any issues with bolts breaking, bearing failure or any of that stuff. Although it is not a Bearcat issue because the axle is made by Dexter Axle Company which are a good axle's. Anyway I figure better to be safe then sorry. Also got the heavier duty 8 ply tires so I should be better off there to. Should be a good trailer, hopefully no issues...

Good deal. I went round & round with Bearcat about the axle bolts & they admitted to axle bolt problems sent me new ones & they broke again. After I sold wrecked trailer to a buddy he replaced with harden steel bolts & the problem finally went away. Bearcat was very cooperative & honest about the whole thing but could not fix the problem just sent more bad bolts so soured me on their trailers. I did like the Bearcat enclosure a lot & had 2 of those.