Anyone in Florida right now?

goofy600

Have family in the Saint Pete/ Tampa area and just got a text a lot of wind and rain but doing ok. The wife and I were just down there for packer game and left on Monday and really glad I did. But the locals don’t seem to be that worried yet.

mezz

I have a brother in North Port, they were getting hit pretty hard, sustained some roof damage, but made it though ok. I also have a customer in Punta Gorda, spoke with him as the eye was directly over him, he was out cleaning up some debris before the eye passed & the next surge came. He told me they had winds hit 150 mph, thats nuts... I would have left, glad I don't live there, we can at least shovel & plow away our troubles.

whitedust

Imo hurricane wind resistant and surge resistant structures need to be designed and built in that area or they will be doing it all over again in the future.

pclark

Have friends in Northport (their lania sustained damage), not flooding, Bonita Springs, they faired well, Pelican Bay, closer to the Gulf, OK, but he said he thought he was extremely lucky. Most are inland 10-20 miles. I thought I read all new construction is block? Mentioned to my wife, never going to own in FL, just rent.

Carbide

Have reservations on Sanibel Island in a few weeks. Obviously will be cancelled.
Such a tragedy.

whitedust

Have reservations on Sanibel Island in a few weeks. Obviously will be cancelled.
Such a tragedy.
Going to have to think long and hard about rebuilding Sanibel. How and what kind of structures? Sanibel is a barrier island not so sure it should be anything but that with nice beaches.