ANYONE IN THE BIG BAY / MUNISING / GRAND MARAIS / PARADISE / SENEY / NEWBERRY areas ?

rich_jelinek

I guess I'm looking for a " crystal ball " forecast for trail conditions in these areas as we are planning to head up to Munising Saturday evening to ride sun / mon / tues in the areas I listed in the title. Since I know it got pretty warm last weekend up there, then got some new snow last night and today, BUT it's supposed to get pretty warm AGAIN on Friday and Saturday so I'm wondering if anyone that's up there between now and Friday can tell me how things are currently and how well you'd guess they will hold up with the warm temps coming for Friday / Saturday ?

I'd imagine there's plenty of snow in the woods / on the trails (?), but wondering if they'll lose all the snow pack Friday / Saturday where any road riding is involved like Shingleton , Newberry, and prob. the biggest - getting in and out of Grand Marais.

Any insight on how it is currently, and based on that - how it will be after Saturday is appreciated...................

KULWELLING

Will be up there Thursday - Monday. Will post an update Friday Night for you. Were kind of nervous about the warm up on Friday too, but temps dip down on Saturday again. I'm hearing reports that Twin Lakes and North is garbage (1' whoops for miles). Doesn't surprise me I guess.

Will let you know!

rich_jelinek

Will be up there Thursday - Monday. Will post an update Friday Night for you. Were kind of nervous about the warm up on Friday too, but temps dip down on Saturday again. I'm hearing reports that Twin Lakes and North is garbage (1' whoops for miles). Doesn't surprise me I guess.

Will let you know!

Thanks alot I'd appreciate the friday night update !

xpr800

Thursday evening update: The last 3 1/2 days we did 800+ miles in Seney, Grand Marais, Pine Stump, Paradise, Newberry & Munising South of Buckhorn, 70 % good but that's Monday thru Thursday afternoon., This weekend is going to be near 40 & lots of people were showing up last night & today. It should be ride able but don't expect awesome conditions. Open areas are probably going to get slushy & Towns are going to be a challenge, asphalt & gravel trails there but woods riding should hold up good, it did during last week's warm up & there is a good ice base. Other than heavy traffic & too warm to groom, you may be better off in the off trail secret spots. Good luck & ride safe, lots of Ricky racer x game pro's the past day & 1/2 on the trails. Needed to get out of there by Friday because of that.

whitedust

Rode 200 mile loop Sidnaw ,Lanse, Big Bay, south to Koski back west to Sidnaw yesterday and not a problem in any of that 200 smiles. Tons of snow and in a loop that large you have to expect a bit of everything super good,good,choppy, fresh groom, recent groom,studders, bumps, snirt in towns. Overall imo TERRIFIC!:)

old abe

Rode 200 mile loop Sidnaw ,Lanse, Big Bay, south to Koski back west to Sidnaw yesterday and not a problem in any of that 200 smiles. Tons of snow and in a loop that large you have to expect a bit of everything super good,good,choppy, fresh groom, recent groom,studders, bumps, snirt in towns. Overall imo TERRIFIC!:)

Did you run 8 west thru Michee whitedust???

rich_jelinek

Thanks for all the feedback / reports guys, we are supposed to head up to Wetmore tomorrow afternoon, and even though now we are committed to the hotel I'm still a lil on the fence, but I think we will give it a go. Hopefully if Sunday is decent riding, it should get better each day after that..............................

Ricardo

We rode Ironwood to Soo and back Sunday thru Thursday. Came from Munising to Wakefield on 8 Thursday and it was very good except for BruceCrossing to Bergland. That stretch had been groomed but the moguls are frozen in the base so they could only do so much.

rich_jelinek

Got some reports last night that it was actually raining in Seney and Newberry around 7 - 9 pm, that sure wont help the conditions any...............................the weather roller coaster this year has been ridiculous.

1fujifilm

Got some reports last night that it was actually raining in Seney and Newberry around 7 - 9 pm, that sure wont help the conditions any...............................the weather roller coaster this year has been ridiculous.

I am sure this is true, I live in Green Bay and it poured off and on to about 4 PM, southwest stream would take it straight to Munising.
I too am headed to Houghton in 2 hours for 3 days.

Bear