Anyone on here...........

danzo

Anyone on here a Over the Road truck driver?? Do you like it? Sample lot lizards?? What do you drive??

samc

Life is like a dog on the road. Sleep in a box, chase cars all day and then piss on tires.

favoritos

Lot Lizards are Hookers who hang out at truck stops. (scary looking ones who lurk). Disclaimer: So I have been told. lol

Correct.
http://roundtable.truck.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=54987

Strangely enough, some even have their own "managers". They will work a truck stop and go from one truck to the next.

To the original question, times are pretty tough doing OTR right now, unless you can find a carrier that keeps the wheels moving. Expect to be gone from home. Heck, you can sell the home.

Do not "sample".

Ha ha. Not lot lizards. Just trucks. Believe it or not, I have not seen a lot lizard around this truck stop for a few years now. Been here for 8 yrs.

Yes times are still tough. The shop is slow at times. No one can afford to fix their rigs out on the road. If you are just starting out, don't become an owner operator. Go drive for someone else. Let them deal with breakdowns, fuel prices, etc.

Firecatguy

I have been running with my friend Red this summer!!he loves the road goes from MN to Florida twice a month....Trucking is the backbone of this country and it is growing every day!!!My other friend Robbie has 4 or 5 tractors and then leases trailers to independents and he says business is up......I find the life interesting, if you like money its a great profession if you like being home its a bad profession...Red runs like no other and makes great money doing it...

as for lot lizards....we were going thru Georgia back in June and a conversion van pulled up next to us and the driver was holding a plastic lizard and kept looking up at me smiling...hahah thats a new way to market the coochie....Georgia truck stops are full of the lizards they walk around and ask to shine your rims...hahahha

Last edited:

Firecatguy

oh ya Reds rig is a Volvo and it has two bunks and one bunk is a table.....17in flat screen TV all wood decor thru rig...firkin beautiful and comfy as heck......

cuzzinolaf

no-lot-lizards.jpg