Anyone using a 2 up seat for the kids?

harski

I'm thinking of purchasing a 2 up seat attachment for my '13 Doo so my daughter can ride in back of me this year instead of the front so I'm looking for the pros and cons of doing so. I'm tall enough where I'm thinking I'll be able to hold her in with my back but I'll also purchase one of the kids harnesses to be safe. I'm also thinking it may be warmer for her too being out of the wind. Thanks for any input!

Harski

bpsledder

Have 2 up seat on my wife's Polaris Adventure. Money well spent as it is much safer than riding them in front. My 11, 9 and 7 yr old children rode on it last year and it worked well. They have to be big enough and understand that they need to hold on so age 6 seems about right. They need to be less prone to falling asleep while riding. Very comfortable on long rides. Also worked well for my 11 yr old to operate the machine with my wife behind him. Still have to ride my 3 yr old up front for a few more yrs.

azandy

I have a 1+1 seat on my doo. Works well. Tough though as my son is 11 right now and bigger. He will get his own sled this season. But short answer is way better for both riders. Some have heated handgrip too. 1+1 handles stick out and kids hands get cold.
If I had more kids coming down thee line to ride, I would probably get a 2up sled.

Had a 1+1 seat on a 2006 GSX Doo and worked great for both boys. Both driver and passenger are more comfortable and worth the cost. Enjoy the family time.

freezinbevr

Harksi,
I have the Linq 2 up seat I put on my '11 summit for the family trips. Works great and is a super easy and quick change. Backrest and hand grips hold me in well. When it's cold we just throw the hand warmer packs in the mits.

Not a cheap option but it is cheaper than another sled for a couple more years.

harski

Thanks for the responses everyone! Kind of what I was hoping to hear. I think i'll look for one with the hand grips and gauntlets. My oldest is 6 and is getting to tall for me to ride up front so this sounds like the best solution until she can ride her own. I'm lucky she likes to ride and I'm hoping my 3 year will too. They both are talking about it a lot (like her dad) lately. Thanks again.

Harski