APEX LTX GT vs. Doo E-Tech

F

fusion

Noticed you started a thread on this on TY, Whitedust. Wondering if you can lead me down the right path and get some discussion started. I have pretty much decided I want an APEX, but I won't buy a 2010, and the ability to find '09's are limited. Had my sights set on a '09 APEX ER, but the thing got sold from under me last week. Now I'm looking at an LTX GT, but has miles on it. What do you all think of this sled, and what does Doo offer that's comparable? Also, does anyone know who has leftover APEX GT's, LTX's or ER's, where, and how much?

I didn't really want the electonics of the Ohlins considering potential for component failure, but guys are saying the GT suspension components make a big difference compared to the ER. Don't know if 1200 E-Tek is really proven enough to take the plunge, even with the weight savings.

F

fusion

Title should have said Doo 1200 4-TEK, of course.
My mistake.

Whitedust or anyone with knowledgabe opinion....how much would you pay for a demo '09 APEX LTX GT with full warranty?

whitedust

Did my PM help? Did you take a look at the cherry Attack GT with 2 years of YES? Concerns over Ohlin EC is perceived not a problem at all & if you have problems 2 years of YES to back you up on low mile Yam 150 with a great dealer is all cake.

F

fusion

Yes, thanks White....you dah man when it comes to talking 4S vs. 2. I'm in big time love with an '09 APEX LTX GT. The dealer sent me pics and it looks clean enough for me, nothing that couple hours of elbow grease won't solve. Ohlins with rebound clicker in the rear, GYT clickers on the front. What do you think of the price I mentioned in the PM? Everything I hear tells me these darn things bring stupid bucks on resale, so I'm probably better off spending the money on the APEX, cause I'll lose less over the course of owning it. I'm probably going to make a trip tomorrow night, and we'll see. I'm feeling big time hype about this thing, and I don't know why. Not like me.

jakester

Fusion if it doesn't work out I have a Anniversary Edition 2008 Apex GT LTX for sale with 1800 miles. 2 years on warranty left. It's a great sled. Good luck you'll love the turn key operation of the Yammi.

whitedust

Looked at the used 09 sled today you were considering in Eagle River. Really is a plain Jane sled & no ES which my wife would never accept. The sled is clean just had dust on it but in great shape with 216 miles. In my mind no comparison to Yamaha 4s fit & finish just felt cheapish after riding Yami for 2 years. I think an Apex LTX GT is the way up for you now that you luv your carb Vector. I think you would not like the lack of quality & fit & finish of brand x since you are now used to Yamaha sleds. If you go Apex LTX GT I can help you get the sled razor sharp with Bergstrom triples & 108 studs with long nuts. Don't mess with any other brand carbides just will not handle as well as Bergstrom triples perform. I'm glad you woke me up to sleddin in July the northern WI dealers have as much stock out as I have ever seen at this time & sleds selling too. Right now you have the pick of the litter & off season pricing the best of the best.

F

fusion

Jake;
I'd like a few details on your sled, plus pictures, and any extras. Looking more for an '09, but I might consider. Tried your email but I got a delivery failure.

whitedust

fusion ck this out for info on JD. Should lead to jake & APEX LTX GT for sale. whitedust

Classifieds - Sleds for Sale: 2008 Apex LTX GT- 97 SKI DOO MXZ 670 05 TRITON 2 Place Enclosed